Ultra Horizon is seeking a full-time network engineer to supplement its rapidly growing workforce based in Bristol.
Ultra Horizon is a high-performance secure networking company specialising in developing obfuscated VPN technology. We have a truly unique worldwide client base spanning from castles through to superyachts which all have specialist networking requirements. This job is aimed at installation and support for a variety of networking infrastructure that is connected to our client networks.Main activities:
- Installing and configuring new network infrastructure for clients which includes equipment such as: Juniper EX switches, Ubiquiti, Fortinet Firewalls, and Ultra Horizon equipment and software (e.g. UH VPN).
- Providing support to clients via email and telephone for issues relating to network infrastructure.
- Travelling frequently (once every few months) with the wider UH engineering team to countries such as France, Spain, North America and the Caribbean islands to set up and service new or existing infrastructure for a week or more at a time.
- Computer Science degree (2.1 and above) with a speciality in networking or alternatively some domain specific Juniper qualifications such as JNCIA-Junos, JNCDA etc.
- Strong knowledge of VPN systems is vital. For example, UH VPN or OpenVPN.
- A full UK driving licence and a car is required to facilitate travel.
- A valid UK passport is required.
- The majority of work will be remote, but our main office is based in Bristol.
- All applicants will be subject to two short remote video interviews by our engineering team which will feature questions that are designed to assess your pre-existing computing knowledge.
If you are interested in applying or finding out more about this job, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within seven days.