DescriptionMATERNITY COVER6 to 9 MONTHS
Job Title: Credit Controller
Department: Credit Control
Reports to: Group Credit Control Manager
Salary: £26k-£28k plus monthly target related bonuses
The purpose of the role of the Credit Controller is to manage the cash collection, ensuring queries are quickly resolved and monthly collection targets are met. Issuing of weekly aged debtor reports and providing management with clear and concise up to date information. As well as assisting with the implementation of agreed improvements to processes within the business.
- Manage and collect debt within Sales ledger.
- Issuing of client statements of accounts and client account reconciliations
- Issuing of an aged debtors report with aging profile.
- Issuing of invoice backup data I.E. invoice timesheet breakdowns confirming time and attendance on site
- Advise on doubtful debts and support legal procedures to recover debts.
- Liaise with London office to ensure daily cash received is allocated accurately on day of receipt.
- Ensure daily cheques received are allocated and banked on day of receipt.
- Liaising with sales ledger team and support managers to ensure queries are quickly dealt with.
- Updating accounting system ledgers, to ensure up to date customer information.
- Support the fortnightly issuing of the Dispute Report to ensure accurate information.
- Attending client meetings as required.
- Attending management meetings as required.
- Weekly/Monthly reviews with senior finance managers.
- Implementing improvements to the current processes.
- Working to tight deadlines in order to achieve monthly collection targets set.
- Ad hoc duties and projects as required by Line Manager.
This role is based at our office in Sidcup, Kent, which is a very busy environment at the heart of the Company. The Credit Controller must have an excellent telephone manner, remain calm under pressure with good numeracy and literacy skills. Excellent organisational skills are required and a willingness to provide a consistent and professional service at all times whilst working as part of a team. The ability to prioritise your workload, meet deadlines and be proactive in your daily approach is essential, as well as flexibility and a strong sense of professionalism. You must be able to deal with all matters and queries in an appropriate manner with tact and diplomacy.Essential
Educated to 'A' Level or equivalent.
Excellent telephone manner.
Experience working in a similar position.
Ability to remain calm under pressure.
Demonstrable time management and organisational skills.
Computer literate to an intermediate standard (Excel, Word and Outlook).
Experience with computerised accounts packages.
Professional and positive approach.
Flexible and proactive.
Able to work as part of a team or on own initiative (self-motivated where necessary).
Good communication skills, both written and oral.Desirable
Customer service or finance background.Credit Control/Debt Collection Qualifications.
4 years+ previous Credit Controller role.