HAUD Systems creates unique and intuitive solutions which provide Mobile Network Operators with reliable control over their networks, resulting in increased profitability through the maximization of A2P revenues, enhanced network security(SS7/Diameter) & SMS fraud/spam thus overall also increasing subscriber loyalty. HAUD Systems is an associate member of the GSMA and a subsidiary of Trillian Group.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for installations, operations and maintenance focusing on Cloud Based Telecom Messaging solutions
but also spanning other HAUD Telecom solutions offered globally by the company. The Senior Engineer will detail, coordinate and execute at both integration and operational matters, spanning all three skill areas for the solution (compute, connectivity & software) as to ensure the most timely and efficient deployments , regular anomaly detection enhancements (NMS) and rectification (troubleshooting) are achieved.
Substantial internal coordination with DevOps & 24x7 NOC will be crucial, including occasional external 3rd party partners. Architecture integration design (LLD specifications) and detail planning for solution installations and upgrades will also form part of the key responsibilities.RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIREMENTS and EDUCATION
- Assist and Execute tasks for deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation & support management, service asset configuration & tracking service restoration, technical support, operational design, SLA/KPI management & 2nd/3rd line support.
- Assist in the specification's definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed or requiring updates.
- Coordinate with vendors, service providers and internal resources ensuring continuous alignment and delivery of key functional and non-functional requirements of the solution.
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and where necessary initiates corrective actions to cover shortfalls in performance and delivery capability.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure the solution, intervention & issue is addressed at the required standard and within the planned time frame (SLAs).
- Assist in establishing realistic estimates for project delivery while ensuring that resources are utilised in the most efficient way, focusing on the reduction of the project delivery time while keeping the maximum quality of delivery.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Telco Core network element exposure and troubleshooting such as (A2P & P2A Gateways, SMSCs, STPs) are a KEY asset.
- Cloud design, integration and operations for AWS, Azure and VMware private clouds, are considered a KEY asset.
- Hands on experience with Linux SCTP & SMPP (utilities/libraries), especially network tracing tools such as Wireshark is a must.
- Experience in the telecommunications section protocols such as Sigtran/MAP & SMPP are considered as an asset.
- Structured and Logical Troubleshooting skills with ample hands specifically spanning: ESXi , Linux , TCP/IP , SCTP , RabbitMQ , Redis , PostGreSql/Mysq , Cisco & Fortigate L3 Switches & Firewalls.
- Three-year experience in similar Telco Senior / Engineering roles
- Able to adjust plans as necessary and provide alternative strategies to meet changing operational situations.
- Proficiency in the English language both written and verbal, good communication and reporting skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent
- High level of initiative and self-motivated
- Team player
- Result oriented
- Structured, well organised and strong technical project/task management skills
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines