Vehicle Painter / PrepperLocation Harlow, EssexCompetitive package
37 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 08 00 - 16 00, Friday 08 00 - 15 30)
More than half of the buses that you see on the roads in the UK are made by Alexander Dennis. Globally, there's over 25,000 people every minute, of every day using our products. That's a lot of responsibility we have for keeping the world moving.
At Alexander Dennis we design, engineer, build and support the widest range of market leading buses and coaches using low, ultra-low and zero emission technologies. We have extensive experience in vehicle supply and support across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, with a near 50 50 revenue split between UK and international markets.
We are excited about the opportunities arising from the global push for lower pollution and better air quality. The UK Government as well as many others around the world have committed to aggressive but achievable decarbonisation agendas and at Alexander Dennis, we are ready to deliver the green buses needed to transition to cleaner transport.
We are looking for a Vehicle Painter / Prepper
to join our established Aftermarket team at our Harlow depot. We are looking for someone with strong body prepping experience, who is excited about the prospect of training and development to become a fully qualified paint sprayer. In position, you will primarily be responsible for preparing vehicles to be painted including masking and priming. Thereafter you will support colleagues and well as gain hands on experience of painting vehicles to a high standard.About You
- To be successful, you will have previous experience of light body repairs and preparing surfaces in various ways to industry standards, including the use of body fillers.
- Ideally you will have some experience of spray painting, however we are comfortable with providing additional training as required dependant on skill level. You should however be familiar with body-shop paint procedures.
- You will have an awareness of paint mixing and tinting, as well as experience of preparing materials.
- Able to work as part of a team and on your own with minimal supervision, you will take great pride in your work doing everything to the highest standards.
- Alongside your hands-on practical skills, you will have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Alongside good time and job management skills, you will have a strong work ethic and see jobs through to completion. This includes maintaining cleanliness and readiness of facilities.
- Due to the nature of the business, it is important that you have an awareness of H&S legislation and practice in the workplace.
- A full and valid UK driving license is an advantage but not essential.
- It's a dynamic, fast paced environment with new challenges to overcome to deliver, where you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from an experienced and established team.
- We want to support you with formal and informal training and development to become a fully qualified spray painter.
- The variety of work undertaken will offer a high level of self-satisfaction on presentation of the finished product to the customer. You will see the tangible efforts of your hard work each day.
- Our PSV/ Commercial paint booth and mixing room has been installed in the last 24months to meet all of the current standards and use all of the latest materials available in the marketplace.
- We offer a competitive package, which includes progressive pay potential and pension
If your skills and experience are matching with this challenging role, then we would love to hear from you.
Alongside uploading your CV, it would be great if you would take the time to write a short cover letter with the key reasons that make you ideal for the role.
As part of our recruitment process, we will take references to assist us in our choice.