You will be crucial for the success of Kaptio's mission to be the best travel technology provider for the enterprise travel sector. You will deliver first-class development efforts through inspiring and leading a team of developers and by making solid technical decisions.
Kaptio's Connect development team is responsible for integrations to 3rd party systems, delivering specialist functionality that extends the organisation's product offering which, in turn supports our customers by delivering out-of-the-box solutions and therefore plays a key role to development efforts at Kaptio. Kaptio has a modern, API-based system architecture to a range of 3rd party back-end systems or services that are developed in Python covering various aspects of our business. On the front-end side we use Angular with TypeScript for tailor-made applications on top of those APIs.Requirements
- Ensuring the team is consistently delivering working, quality software to Kaptio standards & expectations so that we are consistently delivering value. Achieved by providing technical leadership
- Managing the team as a collective, and being responsible for resolving issues and problems in a timely manner
- Implementing any processes (e.g. Scrum, Agile, CI/CD etc.) that Kaptio is committed to and articulate the associated benefits to the team.
- Consistently setting a high standard; being the example that others attain to and being the subject matter expert
- Defining Connect Product architecture and collaborating with others to align development and solutions to it.
- Applying testing methods and test-driven methodologies to improve code quality when introducing new features and fixing bugs. Working towards the team's goal to have greater than 90% unit test code coverage.
- Collaborating with Kaptio customer-facing consultants in planning and delivering enhancements to the Connect product portfolio.
- Suggesting and selecting appropriate tools (programming languages, algorithms, libraries, data stores, etc.) or external 3rd party services to suit different problems. Leveraging a keen understanding of the capabilities of different tools.
- Reviewing code written by others, providing useful feedback, ideas, and comments.
- Monitoring, deciding and advising the Head of Development / CTO / CPO when it's appropriate to improve or refactor existing code and the Connect Product.
- Ensuring that the team's resources are appropriately aligned with the Kaptio's business needs. Recruiting technical talent to the team in collaboration with CTO and HR and supporting the CTO and HR in compensation decisions.
- Supporting team members' performance using regular 1 1s, feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated capability in leading, developing and scaling successful software development teams within cloud software development.
- Travel Technology experience is a plus
- Extensive experience in designing and developing enterprise-grade software and automated testing.
- Passion for implementing and achieving team success using agile development methodologies
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Capable and organised communicator who is proficient in leading global, dispersed teams and collaborating effectively with a wide variety of global stakeholders.
- Solid development experience of
- Angular 2+
- Google technologies
25 days holiday in addition to public holidays in England; pension scheme