ClearGlass is a fintech startup that has just raised a large seed round from some of Europe's most notable investors, including investors in Revolut and Spotify.
ClearGlass was launched in 2019 by long-term transparency campaigner Chris Sier, and his technology and entrepreneur business partners Ritesh Singhania and Kunal Varma, to act as a trusted digital intermediary between asset managers and pension funds. It harmonises the market for communication between asset managers and pension funds, providing transparency to pension funds and helping them make better investment decisions on behalf of their pension members.
To put it bluntly, the data ClearGlass collects, analyses and benchmarks allows pension funds to strike better deals with their asset managers. Cost reduction is a major contribution to performance, so ClearGlass is responsible for improving the values of the pensions of millions of UK savers.
Last year, ClearGlass was named Financial Technology Innovation of the Year and a Tech Nation Rising Star. Now that we've raised our seed round, we're getting ready to scale and fulfil our ambition of bringing transparency to the all of the savings industry so savers can get more for their money. We'd love for you to join us on our journey.Job Description
Now that we have raised investment, we are looking to professionalise our brand and marketing and increase our brand awareness. To do this, we are hiring a marketing specialist.
The role is an ideal fit for someone who is a generalist and enjoys wearing multiple hats. In any one day you might work on a press release, post on social media, run a marketing or brand strategy meeting, and prepare for a trade show. We are not looking for you to have deep expertise in all areas of marketing, but to be able to perform in all areas of marketing to a decent standard as and when needed. Sector expertise is also not essential, as you'll learn everything you need to know about pensions, savings, and asset management from the team.
We are happy to receive applications from recent graduates.
The role is impactful and meaningful. Your work allows retirees, like your parents or grandparents, up and down the country to retire with a larger pension. More to the point, we will help your generation of savers get a much better outcome when you retire, even though this may be 40-50 years away. As we're a startup, you will have the opportunity to develop the role and your career in the direction you see fit. You will also have a high degree of autonomy and much of your work will be self-directed.
You will work closely with, report to, and have the opportunity to learn from our CEO.Responsibilities
In The First 6 Months, You'll Achieve
- Manage our brand and ensure we are presenting a consistent and professional image to the world
- Increase our brand awareness through whichever activities you think best (conferences, webinars, blogs, PR...etc)
- Manage the design and production of promotional materials such as brochures and our website. You will have the assistance of a graphic designer.
- Manage our digital presence
- Support our sales team with the production of content such as presentations
- Assist our CEO in the development and execution of marketing strategies
- Built a clear and consistent brand for ClearGlass
- Increased our brand awareness
- Increased our PR impact
- Assisted the CEO with the development of a ClearGlass marketing strategy
- Have freed up more time for our CEO to work on strategic projects
QualificationsYou are a good fit for the ClearGlass culture if you:
We expect all ClearGlass team members to have the following skills:
- Are excited (and not daunted) about being an early-stage hire in a startup
- Are humble; it's all about the team at ClearGlass
- Take ownership of your workload
- Are a self-learner
- Have a product mindset; we are a product company, not a services company
- Are curious and always looking for answers
For this role, you must have these skills and experiences:
- To be a good listener
- To move with speed
- To use data in your decision-making
- To wear multiple hats
- To prioritise effectively
For this role, these skills and experiences are 'nice-to-haves':
- A background in marketing, either through education or professional experience
- Strong competency in PowerPoint
- Strong written skills
- The ability to fill in gaps in your knowledge through self-learning
- A willingness and ability to be hands-on, not purely strategic/advisory
- Experience in the asset management or pensions industry
- PR experience
- £28-£35k salary
- Flexible working- like everyone, we are working from home at the moment but even post-covid we will continue with a mix of home and office working
- Stock options
- Meaningful work
- Ownership-driven work- we encourage employees to manage their own workload, own problems, and initiate their own projects
- The opportunity for personal growth as the company grows
- Work laptop
- Screening Call
- Home Task
- Technical Skills Interview
- Culture-Fit Interview