You don't need to go to university to kickstart your career!
By choosing Primary Goal as your training provider not only will you be learning whilst you're earning you will also be keeping up to date with the latest technology. At the same time, you will gain amazing industry recognised Microsoft qualifications without the need of going to college: -
- Microsoft MTA Server Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Software Development Fundamentals
- Microsoft MTA Mobility & Devices Fundamentals
- BCS Business Processes
We are recruiting on behalf of United Endeavour Trust where you will gain valuable experience and a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification. We pride ourselves on the support we give our apprentices, you won't be left on your own to figure things out, we will support you throughout your apprenticeship journey together with your employer!About the Employer:
United Endeavour Trust comprises of 3 secondary academies; Clayton Hall Academy, Newcastle Academy and Sir Thomas Boughey Academy.
They work to achieve 3 key objectives:
- To provide a rounded education for all students
- To make their academies a part of the community they serve
- To provide outstanding teaching and pastoral support through well qualified and motivated staff
They are ambitious to connect with their students, staff and stakeholders to widening opportunities and pathways which will bring them success moving forward.As the role will be covering all 3 schools - a driving licence and access to a vehicle is required
.About the Opportunity:
Do you want to use your passion for technology and IT to support staff and children in schools, providing technical support for IT and invigorating the technology curriculum? If so, the Primary Goal IT Teachers Apprenticeship could be perfect for you.What you will be doing:
To act as a first line support technician based in the Trust. This role will be diverse and exciting, offering a perfect foundation for a future career in the IT or education industries.
The successful apprentice will also increase the use of technology in their academies by ensuring all hardware devices are well maintained and by ensuring staff, pupils and parents are supported in the use of technology to enhance learning.
This will involve carrying out the following duties:
The training you'll be provided with:
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- Service desk support- diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools.
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Liaise with third party suppliers such as Internet Service Providers and vendors
- Support with technology asset management
- In co-operation with teachers, they will also support the teaching of computing and the embedding of technology across the curriculum by preparing relevant materials and working alongside pupils, parents and teachers. This might also involve running extra-curricular activities such as coding clubs, mini-geek squad, Minecraft club and Lego club.
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.We are looking for someone who:
- Has a true passion for technology
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
8am - 4.30pm Monday to Thursday 8am to 4:30pm. Friday 8am to 4pm.
Each day with a half hour lunch break.
Annual leave to be taken during school closure periods.Salary:
£4.15p/h (£8006 annual salary based on the year) for the first 12 months. The remaining the last 6 months will be paid at National Minimum Wage according to your age.Desired Qualifications:
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.Expected Duration:
18 monthsWhere a Primary Goal apprenticeship can take you:
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
PLEASE NOTE that we will require a copy of your personal CV.
When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.
Powered by JazzHR