The Cell Line Engineering group are responsible for the delivery of genetically modified cells for Academic, Pharma and Biotech customers exploring the genetics drivers of disease to advance human health. The Technical Liaison is the primary point of contact for in-depth technical dialogue relating to cell line engineering operations.
This role works at the interface of Manufacturing, Project Management Office and the Customer applying their deep knowledge and expertise of cell line engineering and excellent communication skills in the provision of information and technical support to customers and internal team members.Key Responsibilities
Essential Competencies & Requirements
- Technical Advice & Support
- Respond to ad hoc technical enquiries from customers about their project or cell line engineering process.
- Provide planned, detailed technical project updates to key customers in support of the agreed work package.
- Acts as the primary technical designate for CLE Operations on internal and customer communication to provide detailed information on the status of projects.
- Troubleshooting & Solutioning
- Engages in technical discussions with customers and, when projects results are not as expected, pro-actively and positively positions alternative solutions.
- Supports the CLE Scientists in troubleshooting issues that arise in the manufacturing process.
- Technical Input
- Supports the PMO with pre-sales feasibility assessments on request.
- Assists with the design process and retrieval of scientific data needed
- Oversees the generation of accurate and quality scientific data and documentation that accompanies finished product.
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
- Masters or PhD in Life Science or equivalent.
- Technical Experience/knowledge - Practical application of gene editing technologies (CRISPR, AAV, ZFN)
- Technical Experience/knowledge - Comprehensive knowledge of cell line production, QC and manufacturing processes
- Customer management - demonstrates empathy and employs advocacy and alternative positioning skills
- Communicator - Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness - clear understanding of market expectations and the CLE strategy for success for target segments.
- Team player - works altruistically and collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives.
- Resilient - able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and reach decisions in the absence of complete information in an environment with changing priorities.
- Problem-solver - Skilled in experimental design, troubleshooting, failure modes analysis and root cause analysis.
- Self-starter- Flexible and able to work independently with a degree of autonomy and ownership
- Accurate - High attention to detail and work standards
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers everyday. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
- Industrial experience in a life science tools or biotechnology company
- Technical Experience/knowledge with laboratory automation
- Experience of NGS Analysis & Sanger Sequencing
- Experience of using laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- Background in genetics or cell biology applications in a service or manufacturing setting
If you need an accommodation or assistance to apply for this position, please email HR@horizondiscovery.com or call (US) +1 720 890 5133 (UK) +44 01223 976 000.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on this link https://www.horizondiscovery.com/about-us/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Powered by JazzHR