Stuart (Geopost Group) is an eco-friendly last-mile delivery company that connects retailers and e-retailers to a fleet of geo-localised couriers ♂️. . across several countries in Europe.Our MissionBuild the future of logistics for a more sustainable world
shared, efficient and reliable, as conscious consumers value more and more environmental responsibility besides speed of delivery and convenience.
Stuart is growing to fulfil that vision. In 2020 we doubled in size
and continue to grow strong.
We are a melting-pot of 450 people working from Paris, London, Barcelona, Madrid and remote .
More than 2 000 companies work with us already across Food, Grocery, Retail and Pharmacy to deliver all types of goods, among which essentials for people on lockdown / self-isolating because of the coronavirus. We are at the right moment and the right place to make an impact on millions of people
, as home delivery services hit a record high.
Check out what we do in our engineering blog or watch this "join us" video About The Role
to be part of the newly created Solutions department
The Solutions department is a department composed of two teams
- The Customer Solutions Engineers are responsible for interacting with our Clients, from a technical perspective. They also play a pre-sales/technical account management role.
- The Solutions Engineers (this role) are responsible for the development of tools, web-services, products, and whatever is needed for our Clients to use our Platform
These Platform users are Stuart's Clients and also us, Stuart itself. Stuart's internal business teams are also its own Platform users. You will contribute by building tools for our clients, as well as internal teams, to integrate with the Stuart Platform.
An API service, a front-end app, or a mobile app
; any of these are possible projects for the Solutions Engineering team.
Whilst we will hire similar roles in all the main cities we operate (London, Paris, Barcelona/Madrid), this role will be based in London
This role will have a huge impact, in a newly forming department, where there are still many things yet to be defined. In a sense, it will be like joining a Startup inside a Startup. The role will work directly with the Head of SE Sergi Castellsague and with our Senior Solutions Engineer Blazej Misiak. As the team grows, plenty of opportunities to grow with us will arise!
Joining Stuart's Engineering team is one of the best career decisions you can take. We have two engineering offsites per year. We have a budget to attend conferences and training. We take online courses (Udemy, Coursera, etc.). We host meetups, and we even live-stream them! Our growth is exponential, so our tech stack is constantly evolving to meet these requirements. We do care about best practices and we love investing our time getting rid of legacy code.What will you do?
- Develop and maintain innovative Solutions for our local business team's needs. Examples of this could be
- Develop new Services to integrate the Stuart platform with other services.
- Develop new web applications for new local Stuart products.
- Develop new mobile applications for Hub optimization/management.
- Develop and maintain integrations for the clients of our local business teams.
- Contribute to defining along with the rest of the Engineering team our next APIs (as a key consumer of it).
- Solutions orientated mindset!
- Computer science degree, Vocational Education or similar related with computer science.
- Experience in NodeJS & Typescript.
- Experience in building applications / plugins.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and deployment processes.
- A proactive and highly autonomous personality.
- Prepared to step beyond one's comfort zone.
- Committed to maintaining high-quality code.
- Fluent in English.
- Meal vouchers (in value up to £10/day) at work and all the free drinks/snacks you can handle
- Monthly gym allowance (in value up to £40) to use in any gym or for any sport class - a healthy mind in a healthy body!
- Private health care provided by AXA (including dental and optical)
- Pension taken care of through a partnership with Royal London
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture.
- Lunchtime sports frequent yoga, meditation, 5 a side football & squash
- Stuart Academy to develop your skills
- And much more - our HR team is constantly implementing new initiatives!
Want to learn more about us? https //stuart.com/about-us/
After reading all this, just a few last but important words we want you to take on a role you love and we want you to come to a place you're proud and happy to work every day !
Stuart is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.