Pitchero, the UK's leading sports website service, is looking for an experienced PHP Developer to join it's award winning* technology team.
Pitchero is used worldwide by millions of active users each month, our platform has evolved to be far more than just club websites
- Match Fee collection at the pitch side using Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Live scoring applications used from Sunday league right up to the Vanarama National League
- Team management tools helping with the everyday running of grassroots sports clubs
- Video capture and processing technologies that get every goal, try and conversion online from pitch-side within seconds.
- E-commerce solutions for merchandise sales and collection of membership fees
- Official League websites for the Vanarama National League, Evo-Stik NPL and Bostik League
We're looking for a highly motivated, self-starting problem solver to help us expand and continually improve our product. Over 4 million users visit the Pitchero platform each month via our responsive websites or mobile apps.
We're a small but ambitious group of passionate creatives, engineers and technologists; we're looking for people who can complement our team and make a BIG impact.
Find out more about technology at Pitchero https //www.pitchero.com/technology
Read about our recent award win at the 2020 Sports Technology Awards https //blog.pitchero.com/pitchero-wins-2020-sport...Key Roles And Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders inside and outside of the department to fully understand sprint task requirements
- Deliver high quality software solutions to a wide range of technical problems
- Minimum 3 years in a professional development / software engineering role
- Ability to take ownership of the entire lifecycle of a sprint task from development and testing through to deployment
- Professional working knowledge of PHP7 and at least one major PHP framework (e.g. Laravel, Symfony etc)
- Working knowledge of SQL (we use MySQL) and ORM systems (e.g. Eloquent, Doctrine)
- Working knowledge of the full http lifecycle, from client request through to response including HTTP status codes
- Working knowledge of REST principles related to API development
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Professional experience with the Laravel framework
- Working knowledge of a CSS preprocessor (e.g. SASS / LESS)
- Experience with other programming languages in a professional environment (e.g. Ruby, Go)
- Experience with other database & caching technologies (e.g. Memcached, Redis)
- Experience with a NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Up to £45,000 salary
- Flexible start-times and partial home working
- Private healthcare "cash plan" scheme
- Regular team socials and incentives
- Statutory pension contribution
- Super-fast office internet
- High spec Mac laptop
- Conference attendance (e.g. PHPNW, All Day Hey)
- 6-monthly reviews including personal development target setting
The office is open plan with break-out areas and a kitchen, where employees can enjoy a free breakfast and drinks throughout the day.
Our office is located near the White Rose Shopping Centre, just off the M62 with good bus links and free parking, as well as shops and restaurants close by.Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
No recruitment agencies please.