ihateironing.com is Britain's biggest on-demand laundry service, partnering with a network of master dry cleaners across the UK. Our aim is to connect our customers with the very best local dry cleaners in their areas through our smart booking and customer fulfillment platform.
ihateironing.com currently operates in London, Brighton, Oxford and internationally in New York, Singapore and Sydney. We are constantly expanding our operations to new markets.
Our Tech Stack
We use Postgres as our database, everything is hosted on DigitalOcean but we are in the process of moving to AWS.About You
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of our website, internal applications, APIs and infrastructure. You'll be involved right across the life cycle of any technical projects from design right through to deployment and feedback. You'll need to understand business and user needs/issues and create elegant technical solutions.
- Refining and improving existing web applications, APIs and app features
- Helping to refactor and modernise our backend end technology stack
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics;
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience as a Backend Engineer using Python (Django, Flask, Celery, Tornado)
- Good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB, PostgreSql, DynamoDB)
- Experience with Docker containers
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery tools and systems
- Experience building RESTful APIs (Knowledge of Django Rest Framework)
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Keen to learn and adopt the latest technologies
- Extremely well organised
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Interested and preferably experienced in working for a start-up
Join our company if you're keen to keep learning. Join if you think your career will progress because you'll be given more responsibilities than elsewhere. Join because you can't face working on meaningless non-core code. Join because you like the culture and you think you'll have fun. Join because in three year's time when you look at this job and this company you'll feel proud and it will be part of how you got where you were going. Join because as we grow our ability to reward you will grow and your income will grow with our success that you contributed to.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Brand new MacBook Pro and software allowance to setup your dev environment
- Health and fitness subsidy
- Free laundry/dry cleaning/ironing
- Annual conference budget
- Share scheme
- Flexible working hours and work from home arrangements
- 24 day holidays + bank holidays