Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a small, friendly and creative team building robots for the restaurant and food industries and we're having a lot of fun along the way. Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.What will you do?
As the Electronics Engineer , you'll be responsible for the design and development of embedded control electronics and power systems for our food dispensing units. .
You'll be accountable for
RequirementsWhat we need you to have
- Designing, developing and reviewing of digital and analog circuits, including embedded microcontrollers, motor control, analogue conditioning and communications.
- Selecting appropriate technologies, architectures and components.
- Working closely with mechanical and firmware engineers to ensure requirements and constraints are considered.
- Testing and debugging of designed circuits to validate functionality as well.
- Integration of complete prototypes with larger system, specifying enclosures, wiring and connectors.
It would be a bonus if you have
- 3+ years experience working on the development of PCB designs
- Proven experience in designing and maintaining electronics hardware including design, schematic capture, simulation, board layout, prototype manufacture and design verification
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers (ARM)
- Experience or knowledge of
- Communications protocols (RS485, CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet)
- Motor drive circuits (Stepper, DC)
- Interfacing with Sensors (optical, inductive, temperature)
- Good practical skills in electronics, soldering and mechanical assembly skill
- Familiarity with schematic capture tools (Altium), symbols generation and ideally layout
- Experience in working with sub-contract manufacturers
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks
- Good contributory pension
- Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly social events!
- And of course, you'll get to play with our robots...