MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We're a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate - if that sounds like you and you want to work for an innovative, successful web business helping homeowners to find reliable tradespeople, then you may have found a new home.Software development at MyBuilder
Our focus is to produce high quality, working and tested code which not only keeps us happy and productive, but also helps the business to succeed. Our development process has been honed through exploring various flavours of agile and we believe that our way of working helps us get the right things done at the right time.
We have open sourced a number of our tools and happily contribute back to projects we use.
Working on the Tech team at MyBuilder means working collaboratively to generate new ideas and solve problems. You'll be regularly working alongside Engineers, Designers and UX-ers, as well as sharing your work and incorporating feedback from teams around the business.
We started using React in Jan 2015 and our usage grows every year with all of our key systems now using React for the frontend. We believe strongly in tests and all of our new apps are using Redux, Typescript and Storybook in a monorepo. We have a number of React apps throughout our system, from our post a job experience, communication and exchange between our tradespeople and homeowners and even our vetting system for tradespeople. Many new React applications are currently in the works, and we're excited about bringing in the latest features and enhancements to our existing React apps.
We're looking for a front-end engineer to join our team, someone who has had at least a bit of experience in React and wants to learn and improve their own front-end skills. We're looking for someone who's passionate and driven, gets stuff done, and isn't afraid to ask for help. We're looking for someone who embodies our company's core values. If this resonates with you, we'd love to meet you.Responsibilities
- Developing & maintaining our large single page applications.
- Work with product team and web designers to understand functional requirement and overall user experience.
- Develop a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it.
- Keen to learn new things, and enjoys keeping up with the latest front end technologies.
- Helping the team to understand and develop with ReactJS better.
Why you'll enjoy working at MyBuilder
- Decent understanding of ReactJS and supporting tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge on HTML / CSS.
- Git knowledge a plus (preferrable).
We'll set you up with a new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You'll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you'll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We'll also add
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Weekly and Monthly social events including 5aside Football, Film Club, Drinks & Dinners
- Drinks on Friday at our all-hands company celebration meeting
Read more about life at MyBuilder on the Product/Tech team.How To Apply
Send your CV and the link to your Github account, tell us why this is the role for you.
For more information on how we store your data please visit our Employment Candidate Privacy Notice.