You're a developer. You're pretty awesome. You've just joined us, and as part of our growing engineering team, your days are filled with writing beautiful code in your pajamas at home, and making new gif emojis for Slack.
You're now building interactive products, and websites that people love! You have an eye for the finest details, and you're just as happy nerding out in a code review as you are writing a fresh and squeaky-clean API.
You're not fluent in all the fresh-hotness of The Frameworks of Tomorrow's Stack™, but you're not scared because you have a natural curiosity to try things out - just because.
You're able to make calculated decisions about what tools to use based on conversations with clients and other team members. Working with your colleagues you scope out project estimates, plan sprints, and then put the solution into practice. You enjoy being productive and look forward to joining some of your colleagues at virtual yoga, or sharing something cool you've found with the design and development teams at our monthly catch ups.
You love the idea of developing highly functional (yet very beautiful), data-rich web applications with a hyper-clean and focused UI.
Knowing tech like you do, you're excited by the future of the web, and what lies ahead with advances in technologies like React, GraphQL, and Node, and you cannot wait to tell somebody.About Us
We are NEVERBLAND - a small independent digital studio. We design and build digital products for excellent organisations, entrepreneurs, and start-ups. We create websites, products, and platforms for clients working in green energy, lifestyle, e-commerce, mental health, and a bunch of other verticals - all with a bias towards making the world and life for humans a little better.
We strive to work on projects that bring meaningful change to the world, which will affect our clients and their users' lives for the better.
Our London office has 7 super talented developers. We are growing to 10! We're looking for a broad range of skill-sets, from mid-weight to senior developers.
We believe that the best work happens where different points of view come together to solve problems. We explicitly seek people that can bring diverse perspectives, life experiences, educational backgrounds and cultures to the team, and recognise that many groups are currently under-represented in our industry.
As such, we encourage applications from women and other minority groups in the industry. If you think this is the right role for you, even if you don't think you quite fit the job spec, please get in touch.
We are committed to creating an enriching and inclusive culture that's enjoyed by a diverse team of talented people. Come and join us!RequirementsEssential skills
Non-essential skills - you will learn these if you don't know them!
- You have deep experience with CSS, Grid, and Styled Components.
- You must have good written and spoken communication skills.
- You have some experience building functional & data-rich web apps.
- You have some experience using tools like Webpack and Babel.
- You must love Git - with all your heart.
- You must enjoy working with designers, and design tools.
Nice to haves
- You should have experience with TypeScript.
- You should have experience writing robust automated tests.
- You should be able to understand directional briefs and business requirements.
- You should be self-driven, and be able to work independently, and without micro-management.
- You should be able to work efficiently, and iterate often without letting code quality deteriorate.
- You should want to actively contribute to our team culture.
- You should be able to think strategically. The ability to evaluate options in the short, medium, and long-term, balancing short-term pressures against longer-term strategic requirements is part of the day-to-day.
- Experience with Gitlab, general DevOps, and CI.
- Interest in OSS, and meet-ups.
- We have a very flexible work-hours and work-from-home policies, and remote work has always been part of our ethos. The pandemic has highlighted for us how successful it can be, and we're growing!
- You'll get to work in our Shoreditch studio (we're all working remotely for now) with a great team and plenty of scope to take ownership of the work you produce.
- You'll get a competitive salary.
- Flexible leave, and on top of this we all take the time between Christmas and New Year off.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Sit in client meetings, and pitches to help with intent and decisions.
- Learn first-hand about how to start, grow, and market new start-ups and products.
- Build exciting apps, products, and websites that people will use and love.
- Work closely with clients and help them bring their ideas to life.
- Killer setup - we'll provide you with the tools you need to get the job done.
- Free lunches, fruit, and beer in the fridge - or delivered to your door if you're working from home.
- Monthly team socials, film club, running club, yoga, and fun days out - on pause for now, for pretty obvious reasons.
- We'll buy you a fabulous birthday cake (not a lie).