Voted the UK's coolest footwear brand by Vogue readers and currently Europe's leading luxury shoe and accessory retailer we are looking for dynamic individuals who are as passionate about our business as we are. We work hard at Kurt Geiger because we love what we do and strive to be the best in our industry; through amazing people, beautiful product, innovative designs and evolving store concepts.
Reporting into the Head of Finance and working closely with the Compliance Manager, this role will take the day to day oversight & control of all aspects of UK & International tax compliance. Kurt Geiger's operations as an international brand provide the right candidate with breadth of role, and regular liaison with Big 4 firms.
12 month contractResponsibilities
- Oversee company's global tax compliance agenda
- Design, oversight & implementation of internal tax compliance controls to support SAO submissions and specifically covering key tax matters
- Support & review of tax submissions including VAT, Intrastat, Customers, Corporation tax
- Build relationship within the business to ensure understanding of key business process triggering tax reporting requirements
- Review of new commercial arrangements & driving consultation with appropriate parties to assess & implement tax reporting solutions
- Manage day-to-day relationships with key tax advisers, HMRC and other international taxation bodies
- Managing the training and development of the internal audit assistant
- Assist with the year end statutory audit
- Various other ad-hoc duties within the finance department
- At least 18 months experience in managing key tax processes (VAT, Corporation Tax, Customs)
- Experience of internal audit or review, design, implementation & monitoring of controls in a tax/accounting environment
- Deep knowledge of VAT and tax legislation with a passion for staying up to date / best practice
- A curiosity & tenacity to investigate matters
- A collaborative & solution focussed mindset
- Strong Excel skills
- Motivated individual with excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills
- Competitive basic salary
- Pension and life assurance
- Enviable discounts
If you're successful, you will work for a business which recognises that amazing people are the key to driving our business forward and fulfil our vision of being the world's leading multi-channel retailer of luxury branded shoes and accessories. We are a fast-paced business where no two days are the same, so you will need to be adaptable; but we will reward your hard-work, commitment and loyalty with a fantastic benefits package and very real opportunities for progression.