Who we are
Weezy is the UK's leading on-demand supermarket. Our mission is to deliver life-essentials, creating ever more happy and spontaneous moments at home. We're doing this by delivering groceries, including fresh fruit and veg, cupboard staples, pharmacy, alcohol, personal care and cleaning products in under 15 minutes. Behind the scenes, we're building a network of fulfilment centres across London, the UK and beyond, each staffed with Weezy customer delivery reps who pick, pack and deliver our customers' orders.
Launched in July 2020 by Alec and Kristof, we've recently closed a $20m Series A, led by Left Lane Capital (past backers of HelloFresh and Delivery Hero) with DN capital, Heartcore Capital and top angel investors participating. We're building a best-in-class team which already includes ex employees from Deliveroo, Zoopla, Farmdrop, BlaBlaCar, Mckinsey, BCG and Tesco. We're experiencing amazing customer growth, retention and NPS and looking to 40x Weezy's footprint over the next 12 months. This is a unique opportunity to build a global consumer brand that will be instantly recognisable.
What to expect as a Senior Backend Developer
We're a fast growing team executing at lightning speed, and all this is possible thanks to our amazing people and technology. We're looking for an extremely motivated and hard working individual, with very good technical skills, who is not afraid of the daily challenges. The person should be ready to build and operate software to make Weezy secure, scalable and fast.
- Contribute to Weezy's engineering culture by working on our APIs, improving our product and supporting ops and marketing departments
- Design new and optimize existing systems and participate in design reviews
- You'll work with a team of technically sophisticated engineers who make developer experience their first priority.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Follow high-quality design and implementation practices
Finally, you understand that Series A startups are a rollercoaster of highs and lows, at high speed. Every Weezard understands this and is in it 100%. If this sounds like a good thing, then this role might be for you!Requirements
You recognise yourself in the following
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby on Rails or PHP (and willingness to get up to speed on other languages)
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming principles
- Solid knowledge of unit testing
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar UI frameworks.
- A positive mindset and a can do attitude
- You're passionate about software development...it's not just your career, it's your hobby. You're constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
- Really, really, really comfortable with ambiguity, short deadlines and changing priorities. You don't get flustered when asked to drop something you've been working on for weeks because you see there's a new better thing to be done.
- Eligible to work in UK
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of experience as a full stack software engineer
- Intensive mentoring from a high-pedigree leadership team that will challenge you, build on your strengths and invest in your personal development
- Competitive compensation package, including salary and stock options
- 25 days' holiday plus all bank holidays
- 3% pension plan employer contribution
- Healthy L&D budget so you can buy books and attend conferences (both virtual and in person once the pandemic ends)
- Socials that keep you in touch with everyone in the company
Please note that unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship, and to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Weezy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.