Qatalog helps people and teams work smarter - even when they're remote. It connects everyone's apps, work, and comms in a central hub. Having secured funding from top tier investors and operators in the US/Europe and are looking to scale our team. We're dedicated to shifting how people think and use tools in the workplace and would love for you to join us.The team
We're an ambitious, experienced, and compassionate team with seasoned design, engineering, product and marketing talent from Amazon, Mozilla, Transferwise, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and Etsy. Our engineering team uses the latest technology and develops on a foundation of best practices including architectural decision records (ADRs) in our monorepo, gitflow for our CI/CD pipelines, and a never inverted test pyramid.The tools and technology
If your stack experience doesn't align with ours, that's not a concern. We do care about how adaptable you are at applying your knowledge to new problems. We work in an environment where solid engineering and hyphenates thrive; the tool you use is an implementation detail.The role
We're looking for an experienced growth engineer with a proven track record of delivering scalable, maintainable solutions across the entire stack.
As a key engineering figure working across multiple teams - and especially building the bridge between marketing and engineering - you'll have a great foundation of best practices and demonstrate a drive to continually learn and mentor those around you.
You will own the design, development, and support of core data analytics, marketing technology and experimentation processes across user acquisition (performance marketing & SEO), onboarding, and customer retention.
You will be sensitive to the goals of the company, establishing goals collaboratively with stakeholders along with the work-back plans to achieve them.
You will proactively nurture the talent in your area, collaborating with them to enhance their skill set. You will also continually assess the current and long term engineering needs for the organisation looking around corners for unknowns and creating a proactive strategy and operating plan.Requirements
You will be responsible for establishing best practices for technical architecture, quality control, scalable design and modularity for our growth, data and marketing technology.
You will understand our existing platform landscape and how to optimize it, paying particular attention to collaborating with data, marketing, and product teams across Qatalog to facilitate exponential growth. This includes establishing scalable experimentation processes, optimizing existing features, tooling strategies and set up, and extensible solutions across the organization.Minimum Qualifications
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Deep understanding of the tools that power marketing automation, experimentation, personalization, attribution, and analytics
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- 6+ years of proven experience building highly available, scalable applications
- Experience in a startup environment, and savvy in marketing and growth practices with experimentation, personalization, attribution, and analytics in the context of marketing goals (e.g. customer acquisition and retention)
- Expertise in implementing third party analytics tools and integrating them into first-party applications, such as but not limited to Segment, Hotjar, Heap, Clearbit, Google Optimize, and Google Analytics, or similar
- An ability to gather data requirements and translate them into simple and business-oriented visualizations like cohort analysis
- Expertise working with and updating analytics tracking plans, maintaining a high-level of consistency with naming conventions
- Past exposure to conversion rate optimization and working with conversion tracking tools such as Facebook Pixel and Google Ads remarketing tags to maintain a high-level of fidelity in conversion data
- Experience designing, executing and learning from multi-variate testing programs across various stages of the customer journey
- A capability to create scraping scripts in order to boost SEO performance
- Strong proficiency with SQL and an ability to bridge gaps between databases, spreadsheets, and third-party data sources
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful stock options
- 25 days annual holidays
- Premier health insurance
- Vision/Dental insurance
- Mental Health & Physiotherapy Cover
- 50% gym discount
- Choice of MacBook and peripherals, along with a remote setup allowance
- Headquartered in London (Shoreditch) but fully remote friendly
More can be found on qatalog.com/aboutQatalog is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.