At Yobota, we believe that financial products and services should be flexible, intelligent and about the customer. Our product is a fast and flexible cloud-based operating platform that enables financial services providers to create innovative financial products than the existing banking platform vendors out there and as a result, improve the financial lives of millions of people.
In 2018, we enabled our first client, Chetwood Financial, to launch their Live Lend and Smart Save brands, as well as the one-of-kind Reward Loan. Their entire business is run on our platform. We also went live with our second client, Fronted Ltd, over the summer.
As the Product Owner of our Back Office Banking Application you will bring a strong understanding of the consumer and industry and the competitive landscape in which we operate. You will be responsible for understanding user requirements, developing the roadmap, working with engineering teams to deliver the product, while keeping strong relationships with relevant stakeholders in the business and our clients.ResponsibilitiesRequirements
- Provide input on the long term product vision of the platform and contribute to overall architecture and design discussions, working closely with all stakeholders and taking into account appropriate benchmarks and industry trends.
- Produce sufficiently detailed requirements for new projects and product enhancements to be used in creation of end user experience, business rules, user documentation and implementation.
- Own the product backlog and maximise impact of features that are built, in line with internal priorities and with due consideration of the external marketability of the product.
- Define and monitor KPIs and SLAs, in conjunction with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal monitoring and sustainability of the product.
- Ensure that the product meets internal business needs, as well as solving the customer's asks, in as efficient and simple manner as possible.
- Manage internal and external dependencies as needed to ensure successful delivery of product updates in line with company and client standards.
- Experience of working in bank operations, middle office or customer facing environments and leading teams either as a Business/System Analyst, project manager or product owner.
- Strong understanding of the functions a back office banking system performs (ideally banks offering loans, mortgages and deposits) and a keen view on "what good looks like" for different user bases.
- Strong understanding of different financial products, including loans, deposits, mortgages, cards and payments.
- +3 years of proven track record in the fin-tech world (focus on Lending / Banking is a big plus);
- Experience of setting and managing a product roadmap, in conjunction with business stakeholders and clients.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills - with the ability to quickly digest complex information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a variety of audiences (developers, non-technical, clients, senior stakeholders)
- A consultative mindset of listening and learning, understanding and predicting customer and partner needs to find simple solutions out of complex use cases;
- Solid project and time management capabilities.
- Experience in API, UI mockups design;
- Experience of working in Product-led SaaS company / start-up environment;
- Experience in building and releasing products from scratch.
- You have a passion for banking, fintech and "digital first" experiences
We love solving complex problems, which is why we have harboured a learned organisation environment. We want to help you do the best work of your career. No idea is too small, we encourage everyone to pitch and knowledge share, whether it's through our brown bag sessions or team builds. We have some of the greatest and diverse minds (from over 22 countries) collaborating alongside us.
We're based right at the heart of the Silicon Roundabout (2 minute from Old Street tube station) though are currently remote working due to Covid-19.
Our benefits include Flexi-work, training budget per individual, work from home office allowance, discounted gym and bike schemes, private health & life insurance, monthly virtual socials, birthday off and additional perks & benefits.
If the way of Yobota works for you, then we want to work with you.