Our client who specialises Engineering and Technical Services throughout Europe on mission-critical construction projects have an immediate need for an Electrical Commissioning Manager to come in and add their expertise at the initial stages of commissioning on one of their sites. You will be working as part of the commissioning team working on electrical systems for the start-up commissioning and hand-over of world-class Data Centre in the east of Ireland.Your Responsibilities
Primary responsibility will be commissioning of electrical systems including but not limited to
- MV Switchgear.
- LV switchgear including Unit Substations and distribution switchboards.
- UPS Systems.
- Automatic Transfer Switches(ATS).
- Static Transfer Switches
- Power Distribution Units
- Load Banks
- Standby Generators.
- DC battery systems.
- Switchgear interlocking systems.
- Use of the site Electrical Power Monitoring System(EPMS) record results and status of equipment under test.
- You must have a proficiency level - Expert at reading and understanding Single-Line Drawings and control schematics.
- Developing and executing and writing test procedures.
- Auditing of contractor QA/QC procedures and filing reports.
- Liaising with installation/project engineers.
- Writing reports and commissioning scripts and other documentation.
- Developing and executing switching procedures while adhering to site LO/TO procedures.
- Ensuring safe working conditions.
- Inspection and testing of Emergency lighting (central battery systems) and stand-alone systems.
- Be familiar with Arc Flash studies on all panels, adhere to signage and ensure that all requirements are met before works take place on the equipment. This will include Arc Flash clothing and equipment checks.
- Be aware of site Life Safety systems, heat, smoke, rate of rise, voice evacuation and Vesda. Confident in identifying requirements for isolations for hot works, maintenance and projects to minimise impact on the building and client.
- Comply with all site security protocols.
- Supporting the testing and commissioning of HVAC plant and equipment associated with data centre operations
- The successful candidate will have time served electrical trades experience or Diploma in Electrical engineering.
- Highly skilled electrical with some knowledge of instrumentation and mechanical disciplines
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Must have previous Data Centre exeprience
- Experience in Electrical systems (high and low voltage).
- You should be a team player with a degree of cross skilling.
- Excellent computer skills.
- You will be required to complete all site specific training before operating any equipment.
This role is a fix term contract role on a self employed basis, it will prove to be lucrative for the successful individual. You must be willing to work remotely as well as on site.
Benefits Include if needed.
If you feel you fit the criteria please get in touch immediately and we'll contact you as soon as possible to discuss the role.