Unlocking the value in the new industrial revolution
From tier-one retail to financial services, and in some of the largest technology-led projects in government, Infinity Works, part of Accenture, is unlocking the value of the next industrial revolution.
Drawing on deep roots in engineering and equally deep roots in Yorkshire, we're a national company with a global outlook. We tell it as it is, and never let our clients feel lost in an ever-changing and complex technology landscape.
With locations across the UK and a diverse range of blue-chip clients, Infinity Works now numbers more than 440 staff, and the Financial Times lists Infinity Works as one of the UK's leading management consultants.
If you'd like to read more about Infinity Works, head over to our website www.infinityworks.comWhat does a Test Engineer do at Infinity Works?
Our Test Engineers need to have a strong technical background and proven skills within test automation from unit to UI, non functional testing and continuous integration/deployment systems but the role is neither fixed, nor easy and as such it makes it an exciting and interesting challenge.
As a Test Engineer, your aim is to help improve quality and delivery of value in whatever form that takes. To do this you need to be adaptable above all, passionate about testing and able to communicate with many types of people and levels of roles. You will need to have a strong understanding of all aspects of testing and the ability to influence and improve quality at all levels of the stack.
You need to be comfortable working hands-on in a team, not just creating and executing automation checks but also teaching and coaching the team about effective test techniques, ways of building quality in and indeed what quality means. Depending on the context it could be a team struggling with quality, a team of engineers who've not seen what benefits a test professional can bring or a team without CI who've not yet made the leap to a more modern approach; along with many other variants. Equally the role may need you to work outside the team, perhaps helping an organisation adopt a sound approach to testing and explaining to senior leaders and those from other backgrounds how it could be best implemented.
To do so you should have a love of learning and problem-solving, happy to take your diverse testing and thinking skills and apply them enthusiastically but pragmatically to the context you find yourself in. You understand that quality is everyone's responsibility and that quality is more than just testing - and you can pass this message on effectively to those you work with, without preaching nor dictating.
We're always interested in hiring great people so if you think this role sounds like you, get in touch and we'd love to have a conversation.What level is the role?
We try to operate the flattest company structure possible, that said we recognise progression is important to our staff. As a consultancy, this is measured by the value we deliver to our customers. The below table operates as a rough guide of the how our positions stack up. We're hiring at all levelsRequirements
We're looking for Test Engineers with the following skills and experience, gained from working around multiple parts of the software lifecycle and ideally in a range of organisations and industries.Things we're looking for
These Would Be Great Too, But Aren't Essential
- Experience of working as a key member of collaborative agile teams
- Excellent communicator and experienced influencer who can drive the adoption of effective testing throughout the agile software delivery lifecycle
- Proven ability to define and adapt a test approach appropriate to specific technologies and business domains
- Hands on experience creating and maintaining automated checks at multiple layers of the stack
- Proven experience introducing and implementing appropriate automated checking solutions
- Broad knowledge of available test tools, techniques and approaches and where to use them
- Proven history of using appropriate testing techniques at each level from code to full system
- Well rounded understanding of how software systems are built and operated, and how to test components appropriately
- Excellent understanding of the principles of continuous integration and deployment
- Comfortable interacting with underpinning systems such as web APIs and databases to support testing
- Understanding and experience of non-functional testing, including supportability, performance and security testing
- Familiar using source control and running applications in a local environment
- Comfortable adapting to work in Windows and Linux environments
- Experience programming in one or more languages
- Experience of applying structured exploratory testing techniques
- Active participant in the wider test community
- Experience creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
We believe that our team should be rewarded for their efforts, so we offer a great salary along with a number of things that are designed to make life just a little easier.
For more information on this role, or any of our other roles, please contact;Recruitmentfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Hiring Bonuses (Referral scheme)
- Discounted Rail Season Tickets
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Financial Advice Service
- My Work/Life Solutions Voucher Scheme