Digital Surgery is a data-driven company implementing cutting-edge AI technology, computer vision, and augmented reality to the operating room (OR) and surgical training. Our goal is to deliver safer surgery around the world. The DS1 is our first OR device, allowing surgeons, OR team members, and trainees to securely access videos of their procedures shortly after surgery. The device uses advanced AI algorithms that enable automatic processing and uploading of videos. Our surgical training platform is the award-winning Touch Surgery application that provides safe and accessible training for surgeons and other health care professionals.
As a member of the Medical Affairs team, you provide the medical knowledge and support throughout the product lifecycle of Digital Surgery's product streams. This position is external-facing but works with every department in the organisation to support activities related to content creation, surgical process, medical communications, clinical research and commercial support.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who wants to help us make a difference by improving the standard of surgical care around the world.
Here's what you'll be doing (not all of it, just the important stuff!):
- Serve as Digital Surgery's subject matter expert within the Cardiothoracic/Respiratory specialties;
- Work closely with the wider Medical Affairs team, sharing specialist knowledge and maintaining the team's high standards;
- Collaborate with Touch Surgery's Visual FX department to deliver education and training material for the Touch Surgery app;
- Document surgical processes and workflows through communication with subject matter experts, theatre visits, literature and video review;
- Collaborate with surgical data annotators and machine learning scientists to support our AI products;
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with senior healthcare practitioners (including surgeons); clinical investigators; and healthcare decision-makers to provide medical support and feedback for Digital Surgery's products;
- Support the commercial department with sales and marketing initiatives;
- Support the product team as they develop solutions for customers focused within Cardiothoracic/Respiratory.
- Degree in health sciences followed by clinical experience is desired
- Core knowledge of cardiothoracic surgery/ respiratory therapy is required
- Core knowledge across other surgical specialities advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to build strong/collaborative relationships with healthcare professionals;
- Strong project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to deadlines;
- Passionate about surgical training and education;
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to comprehend complex surgical and scientific content, which is then communicated in clear, concise fashion;
- Significant clinical or research work in the area of cardiothoracic surgery/ respiratory therapy is strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude;
- Comfortability working in a fast-paced, high-performing, and dynamic environment;
- Comfortable working with technology;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong organisation and leadership skills;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt to frequent changes in workload.
We're in a really lucky position to operate like a small team, with all of the benefits of a big company. Following our acquisition by Medtronic in February 2020, our benefits have had an impressive face lift. ; Our benefit package aims to help support your health, build wealth, grow in your career and share in the success of Digital Surgery and Medtronic. We are in the healthcare business and so in order to look after our people we provide:
- Private healthcare via AXA PPP - £100 excess
- 30 days' holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme (we double your personal contribution of up to 6%, by contributing 12%)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual meal allowance
- Life insurance (4 x annual salary*)
- Group Income Protection (67% of insured salary payable until pensionable age)
- Life benefit policy
- Maternity - 20 weeks' full pay + 15% returner's bonus
- Paternity - 2 weeks' full pay
- Employee Assistance Programme (support line for counselling, legal or financial advice)
This is not to mention all the other perks for working with us such as our employee recognition programs, a cash bonus for referring a friend, and a whole host of other wellness benefits.
We also encourage flexible working, so you choose when you start and finish. This is just one of our Family Friendly company policies.
So what's it like working at Digital Surgery?
Part of the Medtronic family we benefit from a small company feel, within the world's leading medical device company. We have 130 people globally, with teams across the UK, US and Canada. The majority are based in our London HQ in Old Street. The company is made up of several teams covering Engineering, Product, Studio, Innovation, Marketing, HR, Operations, Finance and Sales. We care about our employees' career and development, offering training internally as well as external courses and attending global conferences. We believe that helping you grow will help our company grow too.
We have our Family Meeting on Friday afternoons with beer, wine and cold drinks - it's a great chance to meet new joiners, share success stories and hear what's been going on in the company that week.
- All for One
- Candid but Kind
- Deliver Extraordinary Things
Come help us to build a company that makes a difference, that changes lives, that saves lives.
During this global crisis we have erred on the side of caution in our handlings. We closed the office 3 weeks before the lockdown in order to protect our employees. As flexible working has always been on the table, our preexisting IT infrastructure has allowed us to seamlessly transition to life in lockdown across the wider organisation. Despite the global crisis we continue to grow, and are interviewing and onboarding candidates remotely - so please do APPLY to express your interest in our vacancies!