The Specialist Works is an independent media and marketing services agency. With an evidence-based approach, we provide media planning and buying, data science, brand partnerships and creative solutions.
Our independence gives us the freedom to keep challenging the status quo to achieve even better results. Everything we do - from the people we hire to the tools we build - is about future proofing our clients. Our capabilities have been built and shaped by their needs.
Our 'what's possible?' methodology is grounded in curiosity and naturally leads to better solutions. It means, when presented with a challenge, we look beyond the standard answer to see if there's a better way. It's a way of thinking that keeps us on our toes and focused on exceeding expectations.
Happy TSW clients are now our greatest advocates. We've grown with them - operating in offices across 3 continents by adding innovative, high-impact services at a purposeful pace. We believe in being bold. TSW's mission is to define and create the agency of choice for high-growth brands worldwide.We're people-people
We're only as good as our people, so we're dedicated to finding the best. That's one reason why we look for PICK values (passionate, inquisitive, caring and knowledgeable) when hiring.
Our culture is flexible, open and collaborative. But don't take our word for it - we are proud to be placed in the top 5 large companies in Campaign Best Places to Work 2019 .Department purpose
The AV (Audio Visual) department is the broadcast planning and buying team. We are responsible for planning, negotiating and delivering bespoke video plans for our clients across a range of suppliers and markets.
The AV team offer clients a unique combination of high service levels, international exposure and market leading analysis, which has helped bring about sustained fast revenue growth.Position Title
AV Executive (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for a Planner Buyer to come and work within our broadcast team to work alongside the AV Manager in planning, buying and running TV advertising campaigns on behalf of our clients across multiple markets.Reports to
AV ManagerReporting staff
- Work independently and own the day to day co-ordination and administration of a number of accounts
- Support the AV Manager by creating advertising plans and daily advertising schedules, and any other relevant tasks
- Prepare for and attend client and supplier meetings
- Further your knowledge of the TV marketplace, and other TSW channels
- Being the primary point of contact for all internal and external parties in relation to your accounts
- Be aware and responsible for clients spend versus available credit and pre-payments.
- Running daily reports of live advertising campaigns to create ad-hoc, mid or post advertising campaign analysis reports, analyse and present findings to clients.
- Build and maintain media owner/supplier/client relationships - we pride ourselves on these as an agency, so the bar is set high!
- Negotiate with media owners and sales houses to protect trading rates and service levels
- Manage reconciliation (agreeing and monitoring value positions) with TV Sales Houses
You will do all the above while demonstrating the ability to be friendly, yet assertive, when working with other team members, suppliers and clients in order to complete work to our required standardKey Deliverables
What will this role deliver in 6, 9, 12 months?
- Work independently and 'own' the clients you work on in terms of the day to day management
- Have a good understanding of the client's business needs, targets & deliverables
- Take the lead in buying, reconciliation, and negotiation of relevant accounts
- Being confident and reliable with key campaign management and reporting tools
- Be confident in problem solving by knowing what to deal with personally, and what to escalate
- Have a good knowledge of other TSW channels to be able to confidently discuss with a client and potentially cross sell
- Have working knowledge of systems such as Techedge and other reporting tools
- You will understand and deliver "Hustle" deals to your clients when relevant.
- You are required to deliver a "six star" service at all times for those clients you are responsible for on a day to day basis
- Microsoft Office Package with emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel
- Sound knowledge of DDS reporting and buying tools
- Highly numerate with the ability to work diligently with numbers and data
- Communication and presentation skills (written & oral)
- Have some experience using UK media planning tools including but not limited to TGI/Touchpoints, Addynamix and Google Insight Tools
- At least 12 months Planning and Buying experience in one or more Media channel
- Multi-tasking skills, working to deadlines across multiple projects
- Working in a team environment
- A pro-active approach in growing your clients spend and sourcing new opportunities
- Understand media terminology and concepts
- Experience of media buying processes and client service
Nice to have
- Experience of working with external stakeholders to deliver multiple projects
- Exposure to a fast paced, proactive environment
- Experience of buying across different markets
- Fluent in more than one language
- Hungry in the morning? We have you covered. From cereal to fruit, everything you can think of to keep you fuelled for the day! For FREE! Including free soft drinks throughout the week and a beer trolley every Friday at 4pm
- Whilst we don't issue extra holiday - you can call in/email and take up to two days holiday without notice(BoB Days).
- If a member of staff belongs to a gym, health club or belongs to a fitness class/clubs the company will pay via the pay roll £30.00 per month towards the fees. Our employees health is paramount to us so you will also be entitled to (once out of probation) an eye test as well as an annual health screening.
- The company is passionate about developing and growing our people, so we offer and support individuals development throughout the organisation on tailored development programs.
- Passion. The fuel that gets you out of bed. The urgency to deliver. You just show it and we will know it.
- Inquisitiveness. Not working but exploring. Accepting change and seeking it. Listening to others who may or may not be weirder than you are.
- Caring. Goodwill in endless motion. Giving 6-star service with a smile. Supporting the decision (even if you lost the vote).
- Knowledge. Our specialist way. Playing to your strengths. Knowing when and when not to say - 'so what!'
And we live them every day #IamPICK
Sound good to you? Then get in touch. We don't bite. https //vimeo.com/232035146
At TSW our culture, our creativity and our passion is powered by people. People just like you. Diversity and difference drive innovation, not only for us but also for our clients and is at the heart of everything that we do.
TSW is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all, regardless of race, gender, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age as we seek to recruit the very best at TSW from a diverse talent pool. If you require flexible working options (as many TSW'rs do) please still get in touch and we'll be as accommodating as we can.