Our background and your main purpose...
Ruroc exists to make helmets cool. We believe that re-engineering protection with the perfect balance of art and science will make people want to wear our helmets, making them safer and will mean they live longer (and cooler!). In 2019 we had our first £1m turnover day and in 2020 we had our first £1m turnover hour and we're now in a fabulous position to build further growth.
In January 2020 the business completed a strategic review to build on this foundation, leading to a number of initiatives Ruroc believes will unlock future growth. Firstly, the business is now investing significant operational / systems upgrades to improve efficiency, leading to improvements in business processes and customer experience. Secondly, a clear product and target audience strategy that will help Ruroc create more amazing products, engaging content / stories that engage this audience and generate high lifetime value. Finally, a number of new roles across the business have been created to help expedite growth, this being one of them.
The leadership team believe this investment plan can unlock up to 100% growth in 2020 and then onto annual revenues of £50m within 3 years, making us one of the fastest growing UK companies.
Reporting to Ruroc's Tech Director, you'll be instrumental to our small team of web developers by developing new features for the website whilst maintaining existing ones. You'll need to work closely with the other frontend and backend developers on the team to assist with their work, and work as a team to constantly improve on the experience we offer to our customers. You'll need to be knowledgeable of our customers' journey on the website, and thrive on improving and optimising every detail of it. Alongside regular development, you'll also be working closely with the Trading team to build new trading-focused features, provide recommendations on frontend functionality/design, and brainstorm new innovative ideas for the website.Your Direct Reports...
No direct reports.Key Interfaces...
Trading Team (eCom & Retail Trading Managers)
Brand Team / Agencies (Content - Copy, Imagery etc)
CRM Team / Agencies (Customer Support / Relationship)
Operations Team (Factory & Fulfilment)
Product Team (Design, Development, Buying & Merchandising)
- Develop major features and maintain existing ones. To do this, you'll need to know the customer journey and frontend codebase of the website inside-out;
- Write clean, efficient code which meets the project's quality standards, and suggest changes to those standards where necessary.
- Work closely with the Trading team to input and execute on ideas;
- Be responsible with the rest of the team for the frontend of the website;
- Collaborate with the team to define technical requirements for new features. The business is constantly evolving, and the requirements should always keep this in mind. Features will have to be continuously updated - defining future-proof requirements will assist with this;
- Provide assistance to other developers where required to help execute against goals;
- Positively impact and influence internal stakeholders and external partners;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with Product, Brand, Marketing, Trading and Operations teams;
- Uphold Ruroc's brand vision and rules as set out in Ruroc's PLAYBOOK;
This role is for you ifKey Skills
- Know Magento 2 inside-out and how to make a website flourish with it
- Ability to write future-proof, performance-driven code
- Knowledge of defining technical requirements which assist the team, whilst meeting the stakeholders' expectations
- Excellent interpersonal skills - you must be tightly-knit with the team and ensure they feel comfortable coming to you for help
- Comfortable going against the grain, willing to challenge existing norms
- Enthusiastic about the success of the team and website
- You are independent and self-directed but able to work and lead a team of developers
- A quick learner who can process lots of information and prioritise action
- Are an outcomes-focused lead, with strong team orientation
- Are bullish about Ruroc and its potential.
You might have...
- 2 years experience solely working with the frontend of Magento 2
- Solid JS-orientated background
- Experience working in web development teams and know how they operate
Successful people at Ruroc...
- Magento certifications
- Purchased Ruroc or similar products, you're a customer / love skiing, snowboarding and/or motorcycling.
- STAY FOCUSED.Stick to the playbook, don't go rogue.
- MOVE FAST.Stay ahead of the competition.
- BE READY FOR ANYTHING.Be prepared and be flexible. Discipline equals freedom.
- WORK SMART.We focus on the 20% that makes the 80% happen.
- THINK LIKE A CUSTOMER - EVERYDAY.Understand our target audience better, delight them.
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for?
- This role may be remote.
- Competitive salary plus an industry leading bonus scheme.
- Brand new on-site gym with Personal Trainer.
- Employee of the quarter and year awards.
- Private Health Insurance with Vitality.
- Brand new office refit.
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events & social hours