Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:Intelligent -
we make the right choicesInvolved -
our enthusiasm creates energyInnovative -
we always ask what's nextOur business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people's lives.
We're as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers' services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.Our story
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers - the service providers - we define people's needs today and in the future - and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We're proud of the role we play, improving people's lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we're going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide - this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.Job Description
The NPS Central Service Desk Team are seeking the services of a Service Desk Analysts to provide direct first-line level 1 service desk support to numerous internal and external accounts.This position is for a 3 month fixed term contract
The Service Desk Analyst will work with a team of other Service Desk Analysts, under the general supervision of a Service Desk Team Leader.The Main Responsibilities Of a Service Desk Analysts Are
The service desk provides a single point of contact for IT related issues to customers, internal & external IT support groups and provides first time resolutions where available.
- To recognise the importance of good timekeeping, which ensures punctual login to the phone system and aids call management in line with service SLAs
- To manage the customer mailboxes and ensure timely logging of emails in ITSM Tool.
- To accurately log all relevant incident/service request and request for change details in accordance with service specific documented procedures.
- To allocate categorisation and prioritisation levels in accordance with customer contractual requirements
- To provide first line investigation and diagnosis where applicable
- To collect and record accurate information (use Quick Solutions where in place) to aid the second line team to progress any calls transferred to their Group
- To resolve those incidents/service requests classified as First-Line-Fix, i.e. password resets and account reactivations/deactivations etc
- To keep users informed of progress (especially post SLA breach)
- To accurately close (using closure codes), all resolved incidents, requests and other calls in a timely manner, especially at month end
- To reflect on customer feedback through customer call closure surveys
- To contribute to team meetings
- To undertake all required training for the role
- Work towards objectives set in Personal Development Reviews
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and influencing skills across various mediums.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft office suite (ie Outlook / Excel )
- Flexibility in approach
- Self Motivated
- Ability to make decisions and take ownership
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
- Experiencing of working in a first line role and a understanding of ITIL is desirable but not required
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days during enrolment period
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.