We are looking for an individual who is passionate and experienced in the field of learner success and coaching to join our progressive and expanding team.
Cambridge Spark is a fast-growing company on a mission to close the digital skills gap through Apprenticeship delivery and to equip individuals with the Data Science skills they need to succeed in their roles or to move forward with their careers. We are a friendly team who enjoy challenges and who are keen to make a real difference in Data Science and AI education.
To be successful in this role you will need to have outstanding communication skills and be able to handle a wide range of individuals, from school leavers to employers, with diplomacy and discretion. Social skills are very important to the key demands of this job as you will be expected to supply information and to support learners and their line managers.
This job also requires someone who takes an analytical and thoughtful approach and has a capacity for planning, and careful judgement. As part of the role you will need to individualise learning plans to the needs of each learner and keep track of progression, documenting everything in detailed notes.
Our courses are technical so if you have supported technical learners before this would be an advantage, especially with adult learners. If you can code in Python or have worked in a technical role yourself that would be a real asset, however, we'll ensure that you can access the same high-quality Data Analytics and Data Science training we offer our clients.
Experience of tutoring English and/or Maths or of working in the area of functional skills would be an advantage.
Your knowledge and experience of what it takes to be a Learner Success Coach will drive your activities within the delivery team whilst having direct influence on the quality of the support we offer every one of our learners
As we are developing our Data Science and AI Online Education Institute for Organisations there will be scope for progression with lots of opportunities to learn and develop new skills for the right high performing candidate alongside having a real opportunity to positively impact on the future growth of the business.
Based from home, you will have a willingness to support learners through a blended learning approach using digital online technologies as well as in-person support (as appropriate) and be willing and able to travel into our Cambridge and/or London office as the business requires.
What you'll do:
- Provide a structured and appropriate development journey for the Apprentice whilst personalising your approach to the needs of each learner, inspiring and empowering them to achieve their goals
- Carry out quarterly Progress Review meetings with learners and their line managers to ensure progression towards and achievement of their goals
- Facilitate, moderate and drive learners to complete and submit assignments to their E-Portfolio in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with learners and actively encourage peer to peer learner engagement within the caseload and across programmes using resources available
- Provide Careers Information, Advice and Guidance as a single point of contact for a caseload of learners
- Provide and embed Functional Skills support in English and maths to learners (where required)
- Provide safeguarding support to learners
- Support all learners in progression & destination activity post-achievement
- Maintain a sufficient level of compliance and quality within your record keeping
- To monitor own progress towards business and individual objectives and performance results
- To consistently seek ways to improve occupational competency by taking personal responsibility for your continuous professional development
- Contribute to the development of appropriate programme systems and processes
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives within the scope of the role.
What experience and skills you will bring:Essential
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, from school leavers through to line managers, and employers
- Ability to identify and help learners to overcome potential barriers to progress and achievement and provide feedback in a way that motivates individual learners
- The ability to take responsibility and to work to deadlines
- Confidence, self-motivation, well organised and methodical with an ability to self manage your time
- Satisfactory Employment and Disclosure & Barring check (commensurate to job role)
- A Level 2 (or equivalent) in English & maths.
- Knowledge of the Data Analyst (L4) Apprenticeship Standard (or similar) with demonstrable experience in coaching and mentoring Apprentices throughout their individual learning plan towards end point assessment achievement
- Understanding of Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Prevent Agenda
- Experience of working with SEND Learners
- A qualification in Data Analysis or Data Science related subjects and/or significant sector industry experience
- Previous experience working with LMS systems and software for documenting coaching sessions
- Professional Coaching qualification.
What you'll get:
- A salary of £30-35,000 per year (dependant on experience)
- An opportunity for career progression
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- 5% employer contribution to pension (total 10% contributions)
- Flexibility to work from home
- Ability to work from home or to work from a creative and energetic workplace culture in stylish office environments in both Cambridge and London
- Annual team retreat in a sunny location outside of the UK for a company-wide paid offsite
- Monthly company socials including everything from Cambridge College formals to pub nights
- Contribution towards books and training courses that help you learn and grow in your role here.
Powered by JazzHR