Who We Are
Weezy is the UK's leading on-demand supermarket. Our mission is to deliver life-essentials, creating ever more happy and spontaneous moments at home. We're doing this by delivering groceries, including fresh fruit and veg, cupboard staples, pharmacy, alcohol, personal care and cleaning products in under 15 minutes. Behind the scenes, we're building a network of fulfilment centres across London, the UK and beyond, each staffed with Weezy customer delivery reps who pick, pack and deliver our customers' orders.
Launched in July 2020 by Alec and Kristof, we've recently closed a $20m Series A, led by Left Lane Capital (past backers of HelloFresh and Delivery Hero) with DN capital, Heartcore Capital and top angel investors participating. We're building a best-in-class team which already includes ex employees from Deliveroo, Zoopla, Farmdrop, BlaBlaCar, Mckinsey, BCG and Tesco. We're experiencing amazing customer growth, retention and NPS and looking to 40x Weezy's footprint over the next 12 months. This is a unique opportunity to build a global consumer brand that will be instantly recognisable.What To Expect As Our Expansion Associate
As one of Weezy's employees you will experience the exciting entrepreneurial roller coaster first hand. Expect a mash-up of huge challenges and achievements while working both on high priority strategic projects as well as getting your hands dirty on a daily basis.
You will be joining a fast growing team that collaborates very closely and is focused on rapidly creating impact. In the first 6 months, you will see Weezy expand from its existing two zones, which have proven strong product market fit, to cover all of London and launch across other UK cities. This will allow us to cement our position as the UK's #1 on-demand supermarket.Key Responsibilities
As an Expansion Associate, you will have a significant impact on shaping Weezy's territory expansion. You will get amazing experience & responsibility from day one, work with a team that is genuinely passionate about what they do and have unparalleled growth opportunities.
This is a hands-on job where no two days are the same and you will have to juggle through a multitude of tasks.
Reporting to the Expansion Lead, you will
- Project manage the launch of new Weezy Fulfilment Centres (FFCs) from start to finish
- Perform site visits and vet potential properties for Weezy's next FFC openings
- Work within Weezy's internal teams, like marketing, commercial and tech, as well as external, like property agents or licensing consultants, to project manage the opening of new FFCs.
- Reach out and negotiate with a range of suppliers to purchase Fridges, E-bikes etc at the best rates possible
- Manage the fit-out of new FFCs to the agreed specs.
- Prep the FFCs ready for launch and to hand over to the Operations Team.
- Oversee and manage, hand-in-hand with FFC Managers, the new FFCs for their first few weeks of operation
- Help refine and improve the efficiency with which Weezy can launch new Fulfillment Centres by designing new workflows.
You are an experienced and ambitious operational executor, believe in Weezy's mission and get excited taking on huge challenges. You work hard, play hard, care about the people you work with and love being part of a team.
You recognise yourself in the following
- Previous experience in an operating role in a fast-moving environment is desirable.
- Happy reaching out and negotiating discounts with a variety of suppliers.
- Are confident, self-driven, eager to learn, and keen to try new things - you have strong prioritisation skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, short deadlines and changing priorities.
- Strong initiative and passionate about delivering success.
- Able to work with people of varying work cultures ranging from Co-founders and real estate consultants to riders and contractors.
- Happy to go the extra mile when required - this could include working over the weekend and during bank holidays to complete the launch of a new Fulfilment Centre
- Eligible to work in UK
- Intensive mentoring from a high-pedigree leadership team that will challenge you, build on your strengths and invest in your personal development
- Competitive compensation package, including salary and stock options
- 25 days' holiday plus all bank holidays
- 3% pension plan employer contribution
- Healthy L&D budget so you can buy books and attend conferences (both virtual and in person once the pandemic ends)
- Socials that keep you in touch with everyone in the company
Please note that unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship, and to be considered for this role, candidates must be able to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
Weezy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.