Our aim is to transform banking - we believe in making banking 10x better for customers, banks and society. At the heart of our platform is the 10x SuperCore™. With its transformational end-to-end architecture, everything has been designed from first principles to bring forward a new way of banking. We enable our client banks to engage their customers with more timely, relevant and personalised experiences when it comes to managing money.About The Role
We are looking for an outstanding Engineering leader to join us and further scale and grow the 10x business. This is a unique opportunity to lead the Engineering teams in one of our domains, contributing to strategy, building the product and executing upon the technical delivery to build a high growth product on a global scale. Reporting to the Head of Domain and with high levels of interaction with Senior Leadership, you and the teams you lead will be building the 10x SuperCore™ product.About You
You are an Engineering leader who as the experience and proven ability to lead all the engineering (80-100 developers/dev-in-test/devops etc) in the Core Banking domain. As an Engineering Lead, your role is to constantly iterate your organisation, people and processes. You lead with humility and are excited by the prospect of being a key member of a financial services technology organisation that is working to transform the Banking industry.
You will be responsible for...
- Creating a high-performing engineering culture. Culture is the foundation of everything we do. The first job of the Engineering Lead is to create a humble and inclusive culture with a focus on ownership/accountability, predictability and immense pride in the software you release
- Recruit, retain, develop and structure your teams. As an "A" (A's hire A's, B's hire C's) you will ensure that we able to recruit the best engineering talent from around the world; supercharge their careers; and enable them to eventually go on to even bigger and better things. Expect to constantly optimise your structure and people to raise-the-bar and reflect the changing needs of the 10x business.
- Ensuring that processes are low-toil and deliver predictable outcomes. The 10x product is a banking platform. You need to ensure that our products exhibit the highest possible quality and at least 99.99% reliability, while still supporting high productivity and iterative releases of amazing functionality. This includes working with peers and your teams to select, piloting, introduce and eventually retire technologies/approaches.
- Ensuring that our processes and technologies are Secure by Design. Security must be baked in the lifecycle of everything we do. You will work with our security teams and build your own local security expertise, as well as working with our Risk and Compliance teams to appropriately assess, triage and mitigate risks.
- Partnering with other senior leaders. In addition to being an exceptional leader of teams, the most important skill for an Engineering Lead is the ability to work effectively with others. You'll work with Product Owners, matrix functions, client teams, business development and executives to ensure we are achieving our goals in your area and as a Company.
Ideally you will...
- Have significant experience leading and line managing engineering organisations of 50+ people
- Know what world-class technology organisations look like - you've worked in organisations that are internationally recognised for their contemporary culture and market-leading products
- Have a track record of attracting, hiring, developing and retaining top engineering talent. You are somebody that "people want to work for"
- Lead with humility and are great at building strong, effective relationships with Product Owners in your domain, with other parts of the matrix technology organisation, and with commercial disciplines such as Business Development and Client
- Lead through influence and are able to "work the organisation" to deliver holistic business outcomes
- Have spent the formative years of your career as a developer and retain an innate feel for technology
If you also have experience with any of the following, we'd love to hear from you...
- An understanding of core banking, payments or financial service technology stacks
- Expertise in API definition, usage, optimisation and best-in-class documentation
- The ability to rapidly assimilate complex functional and technical requirements, support in technical validation and architectural delivery.
- Experience in dynamic, digital, entrepreneurial businesses
- 25 days holiday and an extra day off on your birthday plus Bank/Public Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Health Care via AXA PPP, with the option to add your family
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Subscription to Headspace wellbeing app
- Flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle via salary sacrifice
- Enhanced parental policies, dependent on tenure
- Regular company-funded socials
- All the latest tech you need to enable you to deliver excellent output
- You will also be eligible for any additional employee benefits that the Company may introduce in the future
More About 10x
Our home is in London but our 10x teams work around the UK and Australia provide our clients with deep and relevant experience amassed from multi-billion-dollar businesses, challenger brands, disruptors and start-ups.
At 10x you work alongside innovators and leaders in banking and financial services, big-technology and consumer-focused industries - proven practitioners who understand how to meet the evolving needs of businesses and consumers. Our engineers, product specialists and developers are leaders too, drawing on experience from within and outside financial services to deliver transformational new digital solutions.
We are driven by the belief that whatever we do as a business has to be done in the right way. Our three core values amid this are fundamental to our 10x approach Transformation, Integrity
Learn more at www.10xbanking.com
Equal Opportunities for All
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are priorities for us here at 10x - we welcome and promote diversity amongst our people and if we are to solve the legacy problems for our clients and their customers around the world, our team has to represent the people we serve. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally. All applicants will be treated fairly and will be considered for employment without discrimination because of ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender reassignment, family or parental status, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, national origin, age, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
As part of the application process we may ask you to voluntarily provide information relating to your personal attributes for the purposes of reporting and monitoring only. The capture of this information will not influence the hiring process but will help us monitor progress against our diversity and inclusion ambitions.