TrueLayer's PayDirect team is disrupting the payments industry. PayDirect is a product built on open banking and the fastest available bank payment rails, it provides firms with instant payments and withdrawals, a high converting and low fraud payments method while accelerating KYC and AML processes, to deliver the most complete solution on the market.
We already have a working solution for instant and free transfers in the UK and now TrueLayer is looking to pioneer the development of a similar solution in Europe. You would be part of a greenfield project from its early days product discovery, feasibility, technical design and finally development of a highly scalable high throughput system.
We always aim to empower our engineers and this means using the best tools for the job. Technically this means using the best in class technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes to schedule and run our services, AWS for our infrastructure, ElasticSearch, Redis, Postgres, RabbitMQ and more for our storage and queues.Who We Are
At TrueLayer, we're making finance work smarter for everyone by enabling secure, global access to the financial system. Headquartered in London with offices in Milan, Dublin and Hong Kong, we've raised $72M to date and we're trusted by some of the biggest names in fintech, including Revolut, Chip and Zopa.
Our people are what makes us great - at TrueLayer, you will work alongside some of the brightest minds in fintech and contribute to projects that have global impact. As we enter hyper-growth and expand our open banking platform across Europe and Asia, we're looking for talented individuals who share our core principles to join us.
Our mission is to grow the open banking economy. We're currently the leading open banking provider in the UK, and we're just getting started...As one of our PayDirect Backend Engineers, you will
Voluntary On-Call Duty
- Design, build and maintain TrueLayer's PayDirect platform, as well as associated services and systems.
- Work on the full life-cycle of our system. Own new product features, from breaking down requirements to planning tasks for you and your team, and shipping to production rapidly and regularly.
- Always strive for engineering excellence, leading code reviews, applying the modern principles of software engineering and provide guidance to junior engineers to maximise their potential and growth.
- Help us shape the future of financial products globally.
- Contribute to our culture, and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work.
While being on call is a fantastic learning experience, we understand being on call out of hours is not for everyone, so at TrueLayer it's voluntary. If interested, you can train with, and join, our on-call rota, which will involve compensated rotations of
RequirementsWhat we need from you
- Being On-Call to respond to critical incidents affecting the availability of our platform
- Identifying, mitigating and resolving root causes of such incidents
- Coordinating our response to potentially major incidents, and being an active voice in postmortem/root cause analysis discussions to prevent future problems
Nice to haves
- You are a builder. In particular, you have experience working with or you are keen to learn the Rust programming language.
- You have at least 2 years' experience working on a highly scalable backend solution.
- You've got experience working with or building well crafted developer friendly APIs.
- You believe in simple, clean solutions, with automated testing built in from the start.
- You're comfortable working in fast evolving team/company.
- You have a product mindset and are excited by what we are building you care about customer outcomes and you want to make data-informed decisions.
BenefitsWhat you can expect from us
- Background on payments API and any modern payment solution.
- Previous experience at a high-growth startup.
- Experience with mission-critical systems.
Inclusion & Diversity
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in the company
- Flexible hours ⌛ and remote work
- Choice of Linux or Mac technology
- A remote-working stipend to help set up your home office
- Flexible holiday policy ✈️
- Generous parental leave
- Enhanced pension contribution at 4% & 4%
- Private Health Insurance ⚕️
- Wellbeing Days, and membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill ♀️
- Learning & development allowance
At TrueLayer, we don't just do inclusion and diversity. We embrace people that have different opinions, perspectives and personalities. Because we believe that by seeing the world from all sorts of angles, we can make life better for all the people who live in it. So we want you to know that the things that make you, you - like your age, ability, background and identity - are things that we celebrate and support. All we ask is that you believe in what you do (And know what an API is).