We are looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join our Technology team. In this role you will be responsible for the development of new frontend features, and - in collaboration with other Frontend Developers, UX/UI Designers, Backend Developers and the Product Owner - help make the system a pivotal component in Yoti's product suite.
Some of your key responsibilities will include
Supporting Business Strategy
- Working closely with the team members, Team Lead and stakeholders to achieve the Team's OKR's.
- Accountable to develop features to sprint goals and encourage and support team peers to deliver on time.
- Accountable to understand delivery process and align the development accordingly to vision and values of Yoti.
- Following development processes, going to stand-ups, inputting to pre-planning and sprint planning.
Ensuring High Quality Development
- Ensure your team delivers functionality of a quality that meets business requirements, is valuable to the end user and is fit for purpose.
- Ensure teams quality deliverable ownership in all stages of the delivery process.
- Accountable to emphasis on quality and testing in peer reviews and code walkthroughs.
- Accountable to flag impediments/issues on the Yoti Platform and makes sure they are being acted upon.
- Inputs to Scrum ceremonies to ensure best technical solution on the delivery of projects.
- Work closely with team members and the Team Lead to continually improve development process.
- Accountable to ensure that technology is applied in a pragmatic way and to mentor, motivates and inspire colleagues to do the same.
- Accountable to keep team members inform on the work progress and status on approach/solution taken by ensuring knowledge sharing, with the option of some support tools like JIRA and Confluence.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders for the feature you are working on, for example Product Owners, Technical Leads, Head of Chapter and Designers.
- At least 2 years' experience working in a programming role
- Prior experience working in an agile development team
- Good communication skills
- Able to work autonomously
BenefitsWhat's in it for you?
- Knowledge of software engineering principles
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Exposure to testing frameworks like Jest and Enzyme
- Source control systems (GIT)
- Test-driven development
- Exposure to CI tools
- Excellent eye for design, always keeping user at the forefront of programming decisions
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Yoti Life (internal communication platform and access to great discounts and vouchers)
- 5 'Selfie' Days - for your own personal development; volunteering, charity events, etc
- Learning opportunities (LinkedIn Learning, conferences, events, courses )
- Team Events
- Flexible working
- Find out what we're up to in the Yoti Blog
- See what our employees have to say about us on the Yoti Glassdoor
- Have a read through our SDK
- Check out our Github account for more code info
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with a company doing crazy-complex projects, in a fun and exciting environment, where creativity is rewarded - this is part of the Yoti DNA. We like people who have a positive attitude, transparent and are open and honest about their thoughts. Committed, collaborative and champion all of our principles and what we stand for.
We believe in equal opportunities
It takes a diverse community of passionate, talented and committed people to build a simpler, more secure way of proving identity. We're an equal opportunity employer, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, with different outlooks and experiences.Pre-employment checks
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks
- We will check your details against fraud prevention databases
- We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
- If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
- Please contact HR@Yoti.com to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.
If we consider that you might be suitable for other roles in the future, we will keep your details so we can contact you about these other roles. If you do not want us to keep your details for this purpose, please e-mail HR@yoti.com or let us know at any