This is insurance, but not as you know it.
At Superscript, we believe that risks make better business. That's why we've built insurance that embraces those that make it happen - clearing the way for people to go all in. We do this by leveraging proprietary technology and intelligent data to provide customised, flexible, subscription-based business insurance designed specifically to meet the fast-changing and complex needs of small businesses.
We're backed by high-profile investors, including BHL, Concentric, Nire Capital, Beazley, and Seedcamp. Earlier in 2020, we raised $10.4M in our Series A funding round to fuel our continued growth and invest in our product, technology, marketing and teams.
We are recognised as a driving force in business insurance by both the industry and customers Superscript was named in the 2020 Fintech 250 by CB Insight and has won many awards including Best Startup at the British Insurance Awards and Best Newcomer at the Insurance Choice Awards. We are proud to be rated 5* Excellent (4.8/5) by our customers on Trustpilot, and rated 5* on Glassdoor too.
Our people are our most-prized asset. Superscripters share an ambition to redefine business insurance for the better unafraid, unassuming, unexpected and unstoppable. If this sounds like you, please read on...About The Role
As PR Manager, you'll own the brand story through earned media including national and trade/vertical media, news sites, partner sites, TV and radio speaking opportunities.
You'll outreach to these media outlets and to key journalists and influencers, to pitch brand/product stories and company news, and deliver targeted and tailored media and profile-raising campaigns. You will seek opportunities for commentary, and for reactive PR and newsjacking, and will handle all inbound media enquiries.
You will be a versatile writer from press releases to case studies, blog posts and Q&As, you will be able to apply your writing talent to various types of long-form copy.
This position reports directly into the CMO and forms part of a growing and collaborative marketing team.Responsibilities
- Drive awareness of Superscript amongst small businesses (across freelancers/sole traders, micro businesses and larger SMEs) through a regular flow of timely, relevant stories pushed to the media.
- Drive awareness of Superscript amongst the VC community through company and founder profiling in national media.
- Proactively manage our relationships with key journalists and opinion formers on tech, business and insurance topics, positioning us as a scaling tech startup.
- Develop PR and communication campaigns, aligned to the marketing strategy and activity calendar, including supporting materials such as press releases, opinion pieces and byline comments.
- Lead all content-led backlink-building opportunities through partners sites, such as guest blog writing, working closely with our SEO & Content Strategist.
- Research and propose ideas for news, features, opinion pieces, case studies and infographics.
- Be the main contact for all incoming media enquiries.
- Monitor, measure and analyse digital PR referrals including views, website traffic, bounce rate and lead generation, and as part of all multichannel campaign evaluations.
- Contribute to the wider marketing plans, including suggestions to the editorial content calendar, and inputs into ideation sessions.
We are looking for a PR expert with experience and interest in the world of SMEs and tech.
The role is suitable for a professional currently leading PR in-house at a tech company, or an Account Director at a PR agency with a portfolio of digital and tech clients, looking to move in-house.
Either way, you already have contacts across relevant media, and established relationships with journalists and influencers in the SME, business and tech space. You are able to understand complex subjects, regulations and governance issues, and are able to explain them simply, clearly and effectively.
You are happy to get stuck in and are passionate about making business insurance exciting, jargon-free and more accessible, with exceptional copywriting skills.
You are motivated to work for a company on a mission, and thrive on building purpose-driven communications with a compelling narrative.Desired Experience And Skills
- 5+ years PR experience, in-house in a management role, or agency-side at Account Director level - ideally with both B2B and B2C clients
- Experience in the SMEs space, with media relationships across national, business and technology
- Solid media handling skills with a strong up-to-date network of relevant contacts
- Ability to contextualise subject matters within the bigger picture, and with excellent judgement
- A driven self-starter, self-motivated and with a strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills and a high level of written and spoken English
- Outstanding stakeholder influencing skills and interpersonal skills
- Creative, a constant idea generator, with an ability to identify talking points
- Collaborative and a team player - you will work closely with the wider marketing team and the rest of the business including Partnerships, Product and Underwriting
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- High levels of accountability, to self, others and the organisation
- Strong work ethics, with high levels of integrity
- Adaptable, comfortable with fast changing organisations and ambiguity, thriving off the opportunity, and resilient to change
The perfect candidate doesn't need to be from an insurance background - but rather, interested in and willing to bring experience and fresh ideas to the table, picking the rest up as you go. We're a highly motivated, creative and dynamic bunch - so are you.
You will be keen to make an impact and happy to be hands on. You are flexible - we're a growing business so priorities can change quickly. We strive to improve our work every day, whether we're looking at testing new technology, going after new audiences, experimenting with a non traditional growth marketing idea. We expect and encourage a high level of engagement from everyone in the business.Benefits
- Competitive salary with regular reviews
- EMI options scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Vitality private health and dental insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Apple laptop and latest tech gear
- Ability to develop and grow your career within the company
- Friendly and open culture with regular team social events (online and offline)
- Amazing team. Great founders. Supportive board and investors.