As a software engineer you will contribute to all aspects of development lifecycle with the majority of your time devoted to design and coding in Clojure. It's likely you will have to spend considerable effort building your financial services domain knowledge and understanding of bank processes around seemingly simple concepts such as interest, deposits, payments etc.Key Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with other team members to deliver working software that satisfies acceptance criteria and adheres to definition of done
- Translate user stories and associated acceptance criteria into working software
- Work with testers to validate the quality and usability of stories prior to completion
- Coach more junior colleagues
- Experience designing and developing solutions in Clojure
- Strong functional programming skills
- Comfortable with low-level technical detail and high-level design
This is the technology stack you'll be working with. You may already have experience with some of these, but more importantly you'll need to be happy to spend some time learning them
- CQRS and Event Sourcing
- APIs with GraphQL
- Understanding of payment and settlements flows
- Understanding of interest accrual, posting and adjustment processes
- Agile, Scrum, BDD and CI/CD
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy with a pragmatic and collaborative approach
- Curious with a passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Works effectively with others prioritising goals of the team over self interest
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who Are We?
- A unique opportunity to help shape a rapidly growing global business
- A chance to apply all your prior experiences in a high-growth environment
- An opportunity to have fun and collaborate with one of the best teams around
- Health, wealth and happiness benefits that you would typically associate with a FinTech organization
Gresham Tech is an award winning financial software & services company that specializes in providing transaction control and enterprise data integrity solutions to financial institutions across the globe. Listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange (GHT.L) and headquartered in the City of London, its customers include some of the world's largest financial institutions, all of whom are served locally from offices located in Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
The company is unable to provide any employment sponsorship for any associated immigration visa application. All successful candidates will be required to provide evidence of a right to work before they commence employment with us.
NOTE to Agencies We work with selected recruitment agencies only. Please do not send any speculative CVs.