We are looking for a Gameplay Programmer to work closely with a respected client to expand the live ops pipeline of their already established title, full of imagination, creativity, and adventure!
This is project entails a deep partnership with a well-respected and prestigious client, working with them to extend their live ops pipeline for their action-adventure title, delivering varied and compelling content for their recurring player base.
As a Gameplay Programmer you will be responsible for developing and maintaining user facing systems and overall architecture.Key Responsibilities
- Prototype, implement, iterate and polish new and existing gameplay mechanics and associated systems.
- Respond to design feedback to help meet the creative vision of the game.
- Provide constructive input to and feedback on potential new features during the initial design, prototyping, iteration, and polish stages.
- Be a point of contact for designers, artists, and other coders for the systems you create and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of, and experience of programming in C++.
- Learning specific areas of and debugging issues in large and complex C++ based codebases, that utilise custom tools and engines.
- Experience profiling and optimising CPU performance of real-time and networked/multiplayer/online oriented systems.
- General software engineering knowledge, such as OOP, design patterns & API development.
- Confidence working with 3D maths, vectors, matrices, linear algebra.
- At least 2 years relatable experience in a similar role
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Console development.
ADDITIONAL OR DESIRED SKILLS
- An intuition for, and interest in, 'game feel'.
- Approachable, with a proactive attitude towards cross discipline communication.
- A willingness and desire to learn, adapt and work outside of your comfort zone.
- Self-motivated, and able to self-manage and prioritise own workload.
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Plans
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme - Counselling
Firesprite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable applicants regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.