Since our launch in 2012, we've been on a mission to make digital identification simple and secure for everyone, and everything.
In that time, we've expanded constantly, and been joined by over 150 incredible people, all with the same vision. We've grown in other ways too - we raised $35 in our Series A funding round, and launched our game-changing authentication platform.
Our technology is now being used by hundreds and thousands of users worldwide, including some of the world's leading financial institutions.
And this is just the beginning.
Over the next year, Callsign will double in size as we continue our mission to make every web, mobile and physical interaction seamless and secure.
We can't do that alone, though. That's why we're looking hire the brightest, most inquisitive minds out there the people who want to help us change the rules of identity - and have the skills and passion to make this mission a reality.
Does that sound like you? Let's talk.
We're on the look out to hire an incredible Lead for our newly built NOC in Manchester. You'll join a new, growing team of NOC Engineers, heavily focused on being the eyes and ears of the business when it comes to monitoring performance of our systems and platform for customers. This is a proactive rather than reactive role- fault-finding, and monitoring of logs via tools like Kibana to help spot issues and work to get them resolved. You'll oversee a small team of NOC Engineers, so leadership experience is key.Role Specifics
We're looking for a Cloud Operation Engineer to act as a shift lead overseeing 2-3 other engineers in a Network Operations Centre (NOC) environment. The shift lead will help the team ensure 24x7 maintenance of the availability and performance of servers and systems across the enterprise.Day in the life
- Shift work in a 24x7x365 NOC environment
- Coach, mentor and train team members
- Provide daily application and infrastructure reports
- Monitor the platform(s) performance and availability (including vendors)
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to standard operating procedures
- Help building and maintaining standard operating procedures
- Process oriented with a strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Have prior managerial experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting a 24x7 Operational environment, requiring shift support
- Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts
- Good working knowledge of public cloud environments such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems and administration
- Experience with containerization as well as container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with administering and deploying to cloud-based environments
- Ability to operate in complex, highly secure and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and app-level protocols (e.g. HTTP request/response flow and REST APIs)
- Experience with distributed or microservices architecture, and event-driven architecture
- Experience overseeing enterprise applications at scale, including N-tier or multi-platform applications
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and cloud provisioning tools such as Terraform
- Experience building and packaging images and containers using tools such as Packer
- Strong working knowledge of version control systems such as Git
- Experience with issue tracking and ticketing systems
- Highly comfortable with command line shells (e.g. bash, zsh, etc.)
- Working knowledge of modern scripting or programming languages such as Python would be a plus
- Experience working with APM/IPM tools such as NewRelic.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Health Insurance - single
- Life Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- 3 months full pay maternity & 2 weeks full pay paternity (if the statutory minimum is met)
- 25 days of annual leave + Callsign Bank Holiday (not included in holiday allowance)
- Free Financial Advice
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wills and Estates - our benefits provider has partnered with a third party who offers a discount
- Home Utilities our benefits provider has partnered with a third party who offers a discount
- Cycle Insurance
- Health cash plans
- Cyclist protection
- Discounted gym membership