i6 Group is a global, fast growing software business developing software and equipment for the aerospace industry. We have developed the broadest, fully functioned cloud-based solutions next-generation management and mobile platform for aviation fuelling and business aviation and are expanding our operations from the UK across Europe, India, Canada, USA and Australia. We work with the world's largest airlines including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, JetBlue, Delta, Air Canada and Lufthansa and all the major fuel suppliers at many major airports.Position:
The Company is looking for a committed, energetic, highly detail oriented individual who will work as part of the company's product development team and implementation projects. We are expanding our front end development team as part of our growth and desire to complete our migration away from monolithic application towards React/Redux with API driven data sources.
The role will require the individual to use their initiative, take responsibility for development tasks as part of the agile team, be organised and diligent and will offer an exciting opportunity to join a global, fast growing, innovative company learning from a highly dynamic management team.
You will work as part of one or more product/module teams ensuring that the needs of the business and our numerous customers as well as product strategy is achieved.Responsibilities:Responsibilities will include:
Essential Skills & Attributes
- Software development to a high-standard as part of the team to complete the agreed outcomes for the sprint.
- Determining and implementing design solutions in response to requirements and user-stories of requested features.
- Estimating the required effort to complete issues as part of the sprint planning
- Supporting on-call support requirements as required (rota based)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of front-end development using React/Redux with API driven data sources
- Experience of real-time messaging (e.g. Pubnub / Ably) within the front end
- Testing conscious, with knowledge of the main testing tools used for the front end
- Innovator, passionate, accountable and solution focused.
- Strong communicator in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
- Conscientious and able to work diligently on your own initiative
- Looking forward to learn and to improve their development knowledge
- Knowledge of the PHP Symfony framework - we are migrating away from Symfony
- Knowledge of Twig, Mustache and other templating frameworks - we are migrating away from these frameworks as part of our React / API migrations.
- Internationalisation and language translation of web and mobile applications
- Twilio - Voice and Messaging APIs
- Graphing & PDF generation
- Experience in the development of mobile applications
- Knowledge of software development processes
- Experience working within the aviation industry.
- Demonstrable experience of JIRA and Confluence.
- An interest in aviation and aviation refuelling
- Relevant higher education qualification preferred but not imperative
- Be comfortable liaising with customers, users, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Energetic, ambitious and a self-starter
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Highly competent with software and technology
- Excellent at making data-driven decisions
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Remuneration: £ Negotiable on experience/skills
- Full time position (09:00-17:30, Mon-Fri, flexible hours) - some flexible working possible
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme - 5% company contribution
- On-site parking
- Private health insurance
- Regular team quiz night and games night
- Quarterly social events such as Top Golf, bowling, escape rooms
- Team meals
- Lunchtime Running Club
Manchester Media CityJob Type:
Powered by JazzHR