We're ideally looking for a permanent employee in the UK; our UK development office is in Cambridge
inMusic is looking for a talented and Software Development Manager. This is an opportunity to join an established software engineering team, working on high-profile music industry products.
Responsibilities will largely be for our Cambridge, UK, team, and products developed here in addition to working within a global organization, amongst our worldwide team of engineers, testers, and sound designers, building some of the world's most critically acclaimed virtual instruments, music creation software, and performance tools.As a Software Development Manager/Technical Team Lead
- You will directly manage software developers and input heavily into the technical design of the team's products.
- You will help shape the technical roadmap for product development and nurture the development team to achieve these goals.
- You will manage our software development teams' work within an agile product development process.
- You will work with products that are predominantly C++ applications, running in Linux, Windows, and macOS environments.
- Driving projects to success, ensuring team share meets technical goals
- Management of work, helping shape products and the work required to implement them
- Establish and maintain practices that ensure software quality
- Professional development of staff
- Assess team needs and manage performance
- Input in the hiring process
- Onboarding new starters
Nice to Haves
- Understanding of agile process (Agile/Scrum/XP experience)
- Strong technical background
- Ability to manage multiple teams
- Hands-on experience of coding, and ability to input into software design
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Experience of managing teams working on C++ and Linux codebases
- Background in music, with live, Studio, or DJ experience
- A degree-level qualification in Computer Sciences
- Availability to travel internationally