Senior DevOps Engineer£70,000Manchester (REMOTE)
ShortList Recruitment are on the lookout for a DevOps Engineer to join an exciting and well backed start-up tech company. The DevOps Engineer will be a technical individual who wants to be part of an expanding team and enjoys a fast-paced work environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, an excellent problem-solver, methodical in their approach and have great inter-personal skills to liaise with internal and external teams.
The DevOps Engineer will have experience of managing cloud-based services, be familiar with modern web app and microservice architectures, and have experience of tools and frameworks like Docker and Kubernetes. You should have experience of diagnosing and triaging issues with cloud based servers and services.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Test, troubleshoot and maintain new and existing code
- 100% hands-on using Infrastructure as Code on the entire
- Management and implementation of CI/CD workflows
- Deployment & Configuration stack: Configure, Build, Test, Deploy & Monitor
- Managing cloud-based services, be familiar with modern web app and microservice architectures, and have experience of tools like Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible.
- Provide support, solutions and enhancements to current and new build and deployment
- Provide build and deploy scripts as part of continuous integration and delivery pipeline
Skills Required for the role:
- Strong commercial knowledge of Linux, or Unix based systems
- Scripting ability in a commercial capacity. [Bash (required), Python, Ruby]
- Cloud experience (AWS/Azure)
- AWS (ECR, ECS, RDS, Dynamo dB, Cloudwatch/Cloudtrail, ELB)
- Azure Environments Application Gateway
- Web App firewall
- Experience in Containers and Container Orchestration (Docker, ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes)
- Experience in configuration management tools (Salt, Chef, Puppet)
- Automation tools (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- CI Tool
In exchange, the successful DevOps Engineer will be entitled to a salary of up to £70,000 (DOE), will work with cutting edge technology plus a full range of benefits including flexible working hours and working from home options.
The role is based near Manchester and is commutable from Liverpool, Wirral, Wigan, Chester, Runcorn, and surrounding areas.