One of my global boutique consultancy clients is going through an expansion of their Financial Crime Data Analytics team in London. They require two Senior Consultants to work on a range of high profile investigations for projects including financial crime, bribery, sanctions, fraud and anti-money laundering.
The two key requirements are strong SQL skills and a truly inquisitive mind. Other tools will be beneficial, but with these two key elements my client can teach you their specific way of working.
• Highlight and explain the outputs of our analytics to clients in the context of their business
• Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
• Handle a large amount of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources
• Carry out reactive and proactive data analysis of large datasets using a wide range of technologies, database management systems, and Business Information reporting and visualisation software
• Work with blue chip clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities
• Supervise the work of junior team members
• Communicate with clients to scope projects and gather requirements
• Develop algorithms and solutions to detect, respond, prevent, continually monitor and investigate areas of fraud, bribery & corruption, misconduct and financial crime
• Apply analytic techniques to prevent, detect, monitor or investigate potentially improper transactions, events or patterns of behaviour related to misconduct, fraud and non-compliance issues
• Develop supporting material using a suite of visualisation software to clearly present the benefits of the analysis to clients
• Align to various strategic teams in the areas of technology, innovation and business development
• Demonstrable proficiency using SQL
• Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc. subject or equivalent work experience
• Ability to work independently
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving skills, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of working with data
• Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex analytical concepts to stakeholders from different backgrounds
• Previous consulting experience
• Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption or sector specific knowledge or experience
• Organisational skills and project management potential
If you meet the above requirements and wish to work for a global consultancy in a rapidly growing team please apply, for immediate response!