REMOTE WORK - ALL EUROPEAN APPLICANTS WELCOME
We are looking for a highly motivated Content Strategist
to join our team. The person will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to generate sales opportunities and achieve our business goals.
Duties will also include
- Creating and sharing content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
- Overseeing all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
Our ideal candidate should be eager to learn, quick to assist, flexible by nature and able to embrace new challenges. They should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented.
As our family of companies continues to grow, this candidate must also be comfortable in a dynamic environment with shifting responsibilities and priorities, and a positive "can-do" attitude is a must. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
Other important responsibilities include:
- Consistently writing engaging content for and managing an industry blog that attracts and grows our potential customer base and invites press inquiries
- Developing a content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Collaborating with sales staff, business managers and consultants to design marketing campaigns that are maintained over time with fresh and updated content
- Supporting the sales teams through the creation of marketing collateral and assisting with other time-sensitive business requests, such as editing proposals, presentations, and reports, as needed
- Using a marketing automation platform to nurture and convert site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers)
- Continuously and actively seeking to educate and expand their understanding of the industries and markets we monitor
- Researching industry-related topics to support marketing campaigns and generate new content ideas that dovetail with company products and solutions
- Continuously working to understand business intelligence platforms and products and using these tools to uncover ideas and opportunities to create valuable, unique content
- Assisting in writing, editing, and delivering articles to trade publications in support of overall marketing strategy
- Providing content to a social media specialist and collaborating on graphic content that can be used to promote blog content and marketing campaign materials to increase visibility
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice and optimized for search and user experience
- Cultivating data-driven, analytical problem-solving skills
- Evaluating and promoting existing content
- Team Skills and ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with colleagues in sales, Business Managers, Consultants and administration.
- Maintaining flexibility to assist department and company as needed
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Understanding of the chemical industry and relationships within the chemicals sector
- General interest in and ability to write about and discuss macro-economic and business intelligence relevant to the chemical industry
- Positive attitude, flexible nature, and helpful disposition
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- 2-5 years of work experience in content creation in the chemical industry
- Bachelor's degree in a Chemistry-related discipline, English, Journalism, Marketing or relevant field
- Portfolio of published work
- Command of Microsoft Office tools, especially Word and Excel
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines to create and improve content
- Familiarity with social media, SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation and Content Management Systems; Inbound Marketing and HubSpot certifications
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign)
- Familiarity of Google Analytics and Adwords