Senior Biomedical Scientist - Cheltenham Nuffield Health Hospital - Salary - £28500 to £38000/dependent on experience
Our Cheltenham Pathology Hub laboratory currently have an opportunity for a Senior Biomedical Scientist. Start your journey with us whilst we'll support you to be your best.
The Hub laboratory is based at Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital and provide pathology services for Cheltenham, Bristol Chesterfield and Cardiff Vale Hospitals.Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email
firstname.lastname@example.org where we can answer any questions or if of interest arrange an informal site visit.As a Senior Biomedical Scientist you will;
What are we looking for in a Senior Biomedical Scientist? You will have;
- Deliver quality pathology services and taking a share of covering on-call service out of hours.
- Perform biomedical diagnostic testing, interpretation and reporting, through to quality control.
- Keep records of specimens, results, reagents and consumables.
- Support the organisation in validating and assessing new equipment and developing new diagnostic procedures. This is part of our ongoing quest to deliver the very best experience possible for patients.
- Ensuring all staff participate in the quality control programme and that all quality control standards are met
- Develop and maintain the Quality Management System for the department
- Participate in the on call rota for the department
- HCPC registered
- MSc Biomedical Science (or equivalent qualification/experience)
- Relevant laboratory experience in multi-disciplinary biomedical science and significant blood transfusion experience.
- Good working knowledge of different analytical equipment in a range of multi-disciplinary techniques.
- The ability to understand how vital it is to maintain good customer relationships and provide high levels of service in a modern pathology laboratory.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- We want you to be the best you can be. We will support you with training opportunities and career development options.
- Working in a state of the art lab with a highly skilled team.
- 1.5x salary for overtime including your travel being paid for on these occasions.
- Free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs,
- Free private healthcare.
- Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.What to do nextTo apply for the role click on the link below. If you have any questions contact Daen.Fox@nuffieldhealth.com in our friendly talent acquisition team.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.