Pension ConsultantPermanent, Full TimeUp to £28,845.60Location: ChelmsfordClosing Date: 22nd February 2021
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda - one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We're immensely proud of our flexible working options.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pension Consultant who will be responsible for the delivery of the Funds Administration Strategy on transfers in and out of the Fund, refund payments, estimates, retirements and death payments across the Police, Fire and Local Government pension schemes.
With experience in administering each of these schemes, the role will involve performing many complex calculations as well as pro-actively contributing to and collectively forming part of a Pensions champion group to help ensure relevant procedure and legislative changes are cascaded clearly and implemented promptly.
With over 600 employers and in excess of 160,000 members the successful candidate will be expected to represent the Fund at various roadshows, workshops and other key meetings, promoting the benefits of each scheme and providing pension guidance to our many stakeholders.Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- With a minimum of 2 years' experience and educated to Stage 2 certificate level in Local Government Pensions Administration or equivalent by significant knowledge within the Police, Fire and Local Government Schemes.
- You will be able to evidence your continuing professional development with expert knowledge in the relevant professional area as well as having a substantial understanding of pensions related employment issues.
- You will be expected to adhere to and completion of the administration module of the CIPFA knowledge and skills framework.
- You must be an excellent communicator and have the ability to translate complex legislation into easy to understand literature in both verbal and written form.
- You will possess a variety of skills which will be required in order to be successful in this role.
- Attention to detail, reliability and enthusiasm are essential as is displaying a positive attitude; all of which promote a hard-working and professional environment.
- Some knowledge and experience of using Universal Pension Management System (UPM) will be advantageous but is not essential however, experience and knowledge in Windows based programmes is desirable.
As part of employment with Essex County Council should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees.
For more information please use the following link: https://www.workingforessex.com/working-here/pay-reward/
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0333 013 5888.
Lines are open Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16.30.