Senior Communications Executive -Digital (contract),
CDSB Secretariat, London-based
The Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) is looking to hire a full-time Digital Communications Executive for our busy international Secretariat to support the communications team in online communications management and strategy.
The position is available to start immediately and is fixed-term until 31st December 2021. Secondments welcome.
Job purpose and background
CDSB is an international consortium of business and environmental NGOs. We are committed to advancing and aligning the disclosure of environmental and climate change information in the mainstream corporate report and provide the CDSB Framework to companies to facilitate this. Additional information about the Climate Disclosure Standards Board and our work can be found at www.cdsb.net.
CDP hosts the CDSB Secretariat. This is a full-time role based at CDP's London office, reporting to the CDSB Global Communications Manager based in London, with one another team member based in Berlin.
Additional information about CDP can be found at www.cdp.net.
About the role
Working in the communications team the ideal candidate will have experience supporting online events, building social media campaigns, and developing successful strategies for generating online engagement.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to help grow the profile of an organisation that works to build the trust and transparency needed to foster resilient capital markets and contribute to more sustainable economic, social and environmental systems.
We are looking for a results-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a track record in, and passion for digital communications, strong copy writing skills, experience of online events and creative ideas to raise our profile.
Senior Communications Executive, responsibilities include:
• Generating online engagement through compelling social media campaigns;
• Raising CDSB's profile with key audiences to drive adoption of the CDSB Framework;
• Creative ideas for raising CDSB's profile in the marketplace;
• Supporting on online events;
• Support on slide deck generation and design for events;
• Liaising with designers to create visually engaging content;
The successful candidate will have:
• 2-3 years' experience communicating to a business audience
• Ability to process complex information and create compelling content and media articles;
• Lots of creative ideas for impactful communications;
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
• An understanding of and desire to work proactively to promote corporate sustainability;
• Meticulous attention to detail;
• Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
• Good MS Office software skills; and
• Experience managing press enquiries.
• Experience communicating to policymakers, regulators and governments;
• Knowledge of InDesign and managing content on Drupal; and
• Language skills other than English desirable though not essential.
Benefits: Competitive salary based on experience, 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits.
Before you apply
We'll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the UK for the term of the contract. We are not able to sponsor this position.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation / cover letter addressed to Patrick Hanrahan, CV, and salary expectations) in English, as a single PDF file and via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Communications Executive - First name Last name" in the subject line. Applicants that do not include a motivation / cover letter will not be considered.
Before you apply, we'll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
The deadline is 9am GMT Monday 8th March 2021. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and as such early applications are appreciated.
Start date: ASAP
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications expected, only successful candidates will be notified of interviews.