Location: Remote/Home Working
Position: Financial Controller
Start date: March 2020
Perm: Full time, Monday to Friday
Salary: Competitive Salary £30k-40K negotiable Who we are
Our client is a data-driven tech disrupter that exists to ensure businesses make the right decisions about their two most important assets, space, and people. Whether that's a safe return to work, managing desks or rooms, visitors, or the movement of people, our client make their lives simpler and easier. Their workplace management tools and data insights will ensure they truly understand how their space is being used and how they can fully optimise what they already have.Our Requirements
Our client is looking for a Financial Controller and offer a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual ideally with 3+ years' experience in a fast-paced start up or rapidly expanding company to join our client's Accounts team. Sector experience is not required but exposure to software development SaaS businesses would be desirable.
Highly motivated and with excellent people skills you are looking to take the next big step to be part of the growth of the business as the Company looks for its first full time employee to manage all aspects of the Finance function of this fast growth software business.Overview
You will already have experience in start-up or fast growth environments, with demonstrated responsibilities for working in small teams to provide excellent support to the business. Working as the first full time accounts team employee, you will work closely with Senior Management, Sales and the Customer Service Teams, this role will suit a highly organised individual with multi-tasking ability who is able to work with a variety of people and work to financial timelines and objectives.
Your qualities will include strong analytical and excel skills, self-starter and ability to use your initiative. Your main responsibilities we be as below
Required skills & experience:
- Assisting with preparing the monthly management accounts and financial data with variance analysis and commentary including Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger activities.
- Oversee the generation of invoicing from Workbooks and reconciling to the finance data in Xero.
- Credit Control work
- Document financial transactions by entering transaction information.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation.
- Prepare VAT returns
- Managing payroll, occupational pension schemes and ancillary activities.
- Liaising with HMRC, suppliers and customer where required.
- Compliance work with all company related HMRC obligations.
- Month end routine - accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, revenue recognition, amortisation and depreciation
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Management of invoice finance and other loan facilities
- Communication and preparation of various reports under the company's external debt agreement on a monthly basis.
- Cash flow management.
- Assist with the future structure of the finance function when needed.
- Ad hoc reporting as directed by senior management
- Preparing, liaising and coordinating year end accounts work with external auditor.
- Minimum 3+ years' work experience in sat up environments
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent data input skills.
- Part Qualified/Passed Finalists - AAT or equivalent
- Experienced IT capabilities including Microsoft Office suite / Outlook with strong Excel skills
- Prior use of Xero or Workbooks CRM (desirable)
In return we are offering:
- Self-starter with willingness to assume responsibility and take charge
- Good time-management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage workloads
- Motivated to bring new ideas and best practice to the team and company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment as a key player
- Self-motivated, confident and focused approach to get the job done
- Ability to work under pressure (and remain calm) and easily adapt to changing priorities and demands
- Committed, punctual and reliable
- Great negotiating and customer service skills as role requires regular internal and external communication
- An attractive salary based on experience
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Life Assurance
- Electric Car Salary Sacrifice scheme
- Flexible 'Core Hours' based working pattern