HEAD of SW DEVELOPMENT
Technical Development Team | Remote (London)
We are looking for a Head of SW Development to build and lead our SW Factory team, to research, design, develop, test and maintain the software core of our services, building and deploying new products and solutions.
The ideal candidate is a Master in Computer Science / SW Engineer subject and relevant experience in developing complex systems integrating back-end and front-end development to real world situations and significant experience leading software teams. Ideally experienced in managing a remote team. This role needs experience in project concept through to delivery. Ideally experienced in delivering solutions within the service, telecommunication, e-mobility, and energy markets.
qMobility is the first virtual operator of the e-Mobility Internet. We provide AI based services, powered by purpose-built Machine Learning algorithms, that enable e-mobility users to have a smooth experience, accelerating and democratising the eV revolution. The Company is a start-up with initial operations in EU, India and it is currently developing its presence in California, where the core technical development team is based.
We are looking for a curious and open-minded team leader with an entrepreneurial approach, working in uncharted territory and willing to operate in an unstructured environment, participating to the long-term success of their company, willing to be one of the initial key figures, with an entrepreneurial approach.
We offer flexible work, base salary, plus variable incentives and stock-options of the company. The initial compensation will be entrepreneurially based on shares and, being a start-up, a lot of hands on activities.
Role: Head of SW Development
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Remote (London)
1. Job Description
The Head of SW Development will primarily be responsible for heading up and expanding a team implementing and deploying the company's products, contributing to the build of scalable products and services in a cloud native environment, to be later brought to the edge.
The Head of SW Development will need to take a hands-on approach and wear a few different hats. This will include personally contributing to platform architecture and code base; set-up and coordinate a SW development team to convert product and service design into state-of-the-art scalable products, setting up a modular SW factory, setting-up and maintaining the entire SW development cycle; growing and upskilling the SW development team members. Although beginning more hands on this will change as you grow the team. This role requires a passion for creating new technologies with high product impact.
This is a leadership role within the business and will see you act entrepreneurially in a very visible, influential role that is pivotal to the future success of our company. For this very reason you will be incentivised on the long-term value of the company, with a stock-option scheme.
2. Objectives of this Role
To build and lead our SW development team, to research, design, develop, test and maintain the core of our software services, building and deploying new products and solutions.
This role will drive the application of start-of-the-art SW development processes, participating in the service design and delivering in a flexible and timely manner the intermediate releases of our systems, starting with the first demonstration and prototypes of the products, up to the creation and evolution of a solid and scalable applications and infrastructure, with a full control on time, quality and budget:
· Contribute to the design and evolution of the business idea and its technical feasibility, bringing it to the minimum viable product and evolve in parallel with the market tests and launches;
· Design, test and evolve the application architecture and the technology stack;
· Maintain the scalable cloud-based infrastructure;
· Support the short-term business goals of the company, demonstrating the technology, supporting the customer acquisition and the communication to all stakeholders, including investors;
· Keep current with technical and industry developments.
· Create development, quality assurance, and implementation methodologies and processes
· Set-up, up-skill and grow the technical team;
· Design, test and evolve the application architecture and the technology stack;
· Design teams to support demanding new services and highly aggressive business goals;
· Develop a scalable software and service architecture for delivering our services on multiple markets;
· Full responsibility on SW development time, quality and budget;
· Research of innovative and distinctive technical elements of our service to push the edge against competition.
4. Skills and Qualifications
· Demonstrate successful experience in a similar senior level role leading teams in the development of business apps, front-end and back-end systems
· Exceptional team management, building and upskilling experience
· Solid knowledge of algorithms, system architecture and software design
· 7+ years experience software products development projects
· Bachelor degree / Master degree in computer science, information technology management
· Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
· Must be able to write and review production quality code using
o Cordova hybrid apps, HTML5, ReactJs, Npm, Css2/Css3, Meteor Js, ES6, styled-components, Npm, Css2/Css3, Sass/Less, DDP, Gulp, Git, J-Query,
· Experience with iOS, Android, Linux, MS Azure and related products, frontend frameworks (React/Angular, Meteor), databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgres)
· Experience with Microservices, API architecture & design, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL.
· Experience with agile product management tools such as Jira, Pivotal Tracker or Monday and skills in container orchestration and containerization tech such as Docker, Kubernetes etc
· Experience with GIS systems, mapping and tracking vehicles, interfacing and acquiring electric vehicle CanBus data, electric charging point OCPP 1.6 standard integration
5. Preferred Qualifications
· Previous experience in the mobility industry
· Understanding of advanced statistical techniques, model evaluation and forecasting methodologies
· Experience in pattern recognition and predictive modelling experience, deep learning modelling
· Complex machine learning algorithms such as statistical machine learning, classical AI, graph theory, deep learning, NLP, neural nets etc and applying them at scale
· Proficiency in modern deep learning engine such as Tensorflow, MS CNTK, PyTorch, Keras, etc. (preferred: knowledge of using GPUs)
· Substantial experience with unstructured data sources (spatio-temporal data, video/image, speech or text)
· Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art, with ability to run rigorous experiments and come up with scientifically sound recommendations
· Ability to design pricing algorithms for marketplace models.
· Experience in solving energy and / or mobility related problems
· Experience in both applied research and/or research in academic background
· Working experience in different countries and cultures
· Our professional language is English but a good knowledge of other languages will be preferential
qMobility is the first virtual operator of the e-Mobility Internet. We enable, accelerate and democratise the eV revolution. We add an intelligent layer to anticipate the needs of users to allow a smooth migration to electric vehicles for both individuals and fleets, providing a hassles-free experience. We are developing an exciting and disruptive platform aiming at growing globally in a booming market. The Company is a start-up with initial operations in UK/EU, India and it is currently developing its presence in California.
We are looking for some extremely motivated people to join our team: curious and open-minded team players with an entrepreneurial approach, working sometimes in uncharted territory and willing to operate an unstructured environment, participating to the long-term success of their company.
We offer flexible work, base salary, plus variable incentives and stock-options of the company.