The successful candidates will be Project Engineers with mechanical background, who will be the single point of contact for the supplier to manage the execution of a conveyor project They shall coordinate all customer internal and external interfaces to third parties and shall manage the interface between the customer and the conveyor supplier. They will assist the start of production after any modification on living conveyor during weekends or major shutdowns. Furthermore, various and regular supplier visits will be required where COVID-19 regulations permitting.
They shall have experience in conveyor systems of the automotive industry and shall be able to solve technical problems with the conveyor supplier. They shall validate technical alternatives to guarantee best practice solutions. They are responsible to achieve the given timelines and stay within the given project budget. They shall manage and support the ordering process to conveyor suppliers respecting the customer's purchasing rules. They organize meetings and achieves agreements with the plant, third party suppliers and PME representatives of various departments in line with the targets given by Conveyor systems. They shall document all project relevant facts and agreements and initiate all required activities to achieve full compliance with the requirements of the project and the conveyor standards of the customer. They will monitor and support the work progress at the conveyor supplier and onsite during the installation phase until a successful acceptance of the plant representatives. Follow up all open items of the acceptance tests and checks the complete contracted delivery of the conveyor suppliers for conformity of the contracts. The engineering project leader shall initiate payments of the customer to third parties only if the contracts are fulfilled.Engineering Phase
- Study and understand the technical specifications.
- Propose and evaluate technical alternatives with PowerPoint presentations and development of decision matrix.
- Verify the received technical documents from third parties.
- Attend technical meetings on customer's site and supplier's sites.
- Attend technical meetings on the customer site in Germany (travel regulations permitting)
- Create follow-up reports of the status of the areas under the conveyor main contractor responsibility.
- Check and follow up on the implementation timing.
- Coordinate any work at the customer plant.
- Coordinate activities with other customer's departments.
- Report any deviation immediately and ask for corrective actions.
- Taking meeting minutes
- Summarize all activities in weekly working reports
- Execute change management and deliver justification for customer's ordering process.
- Check availability of drawings
- Report proposed technical solution to ME conveyor system for approval.
- Write specifications for conveyor contract amendments
- Development of timing plans with MS-Project / Excel
- Tracking of project timing and project costs
- Consolidate the forecast for the coming months
- Follow-up the progress of the engineering tasks
- Organization of problem solving meetings and preparation of presentations
- Follow-up timely approval of drawings and systems
- Start Action Item List (AOL). Documentation of all meeting results
Installation And Commissioning
- Collect manufacturing progress reports.
- Follow-up corrective actions.
- Integrate all findings into timing chart.
- Check manufacturing at supplier site and perform pre-acceptance test before shipping.
- Report readiness of all deliverables.
- Follow-up and support Risk assessment and Method Statement (RAMS) delivery of conveyor main contractor.
- Follow-up of all work on a daily basis
- Call for meetings to correct any deviations
- Coordinate and check readiness of interfaces between parties.
- Attendance of daily status meetings onsite.
- Facilitate the onsite project reporting board.
- Invite, perform and document acceptance tests
- Document and follow up open items from the acceptance test with the conveyor suppliers and confirms execution.
- Check and document scope of delivery of contracted conveyor suppliers
- Confirms correctness of invoices and initiates payments of customer
- Check of delivered documentations as per customer's standards.
- Mechanical Engineering background with B.SC/ B.Eng qualification
- Strong Project Management experience
- Thorough understanding of conveyor system
- Experience Process Improvement
- Ability to travel various sites in Europe Covid restrictions permitting
- Fluent English is mandatory
- German and/ or French is highly advantageous
Location: Ellesmere Port/ Homebased, UK
A pre-requisite for this role is the right to work in the UK, a valid driving licence and the ability to travel within Europe and within the UK, COVID legislation permitting.
Salary Range between £30,000 and £40,000 - depending on experience