Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly, with the introduction of new products and technologies and we're looking for the best people to help us on this journey. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Finance Team as a Commercial Finance Analyst (Fixed Term Contract) over a 4-month period. You will work closely with the Marketing Team, report to our CFO and will be playing an important role in providing key financial information to aid and influence commercial strategy and decision making, including budgeting and forecasting, reporting and analysis and key project decision support.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have a high passion for technology, thrive in a high-growth environment and excel in a broad business partnering role.Key Responsibilities include:
- Ownership and maintenance of the Revenue Model.
- Play a key role in the budget and forecast process.
- Business partner with the performance marketing team and influence customer acquisition growth.
- Driving a data-driven approach on product development and marketing.
- Assist in effective cost control and effectiveness.
- Willing and able to take a proactive role in developing, enhancing or redesigning key FP&A processes.
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) from either practice or management accounts background, ideally within a high-growth tech environment and with B2C digital/SaaS model experience.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience of partnering with non-Finance colleagues.
- Experience of contributing to commercial analysis and reporting.
- Managing own workloads with attention to detail and working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to run with complex revenue models.
- A team player and excellent verbal and written communicator.
- You thrive in a scale-up environment, are able to adapt and desire to improve their environment.
- You have a passion for metrics and data, and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the bigger commercial picture.
- Familiarity with finance systems.
- Experience of online subscription companies desirable.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting desirable.
- You're excited about joining a team that will help to impact the way people research social and family history.
We've come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values - Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human - provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.Benefits
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (pro rated) + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee's side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Access to learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Health and dental cash plan.
- Staff discounts.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you'd like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you'd like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we're not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.