Senior Unity Developer - Movement-based Gaming (AR)Salary
- Up to £110,000 p/a + EquityLocation
- London, although initially remote
Logikk has just been engaged by a really exciting client. Still in their early ventures, currently 7 people, but well backed (over $5m pre-product) by 2 of the most respected silicon valley VC's (2 partners of which are on their advisory board). It's worth noting that the founding team all come from fantastic pedigrees and they are looking to build out their product team in London by a further 8 people in the next 6-12 months.
This company is tackling something super interesting (some might say, somewhat revolutionary) within the movement-based gaming space. They are building movement-based games, without the need for any hardware - just a camera and utilisation of Machine Learning and Computer Vision. They believe in the power of community, with a vision and strategy to develop a game-builder for the masses.
They have a working prototype already and huge ambition (and of course, backing) to develop their ideas into something awesome!
Initially (first 6 months), you will be working on a number of new features/components (such as multiplayer ability, an interactive lobby, foundations of the game-builder architecture, as well as a number of games) in order to get to a scalable, vertical slice. At this point, it gets very exciting, where you'll be able to bring your own creativity to the table to develop their products further.
To give you a little more insight on the stack:
- C# is the primary language and (right now) it's all Unity-based. They don't see this changing, but you never know (they may offer Unreal as an alternative engine further down the line to cater for the masses.
- C++ experience would be a big plus as they will create some native plugins - i.e. like the bridge between Machine Learning and the game.
- The mini games themselves will probably use Lua as the scripting language (TBD) but that's definitely not a requirement for this role
- They use Git (on GitHub) for Source Control Management, so exp with Git is required.
- They have already got Continuous Integration/Deployment setup which is pretty well handled by the team, so a little bonus if you come with any exp around this.
- I would say that experience of writing game code that interacts with servers is important - i.e. using APIs, downloading assets etc.
We've got plenty more information to share, but if this sounds like something you'd like to explore further - I'd love to hear from you!
For a confidential conversation, please respond to this advert or send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Unfortunately this client does not offer sponsorship opportunities*
#UnityEngine #Unity3D #UnityGames #Unity #Engineer #Developer #AR #AugmentedReality #Games #Gaming #BodyMovement #BodyTracking #ComputerVision #MachineLearning #MixedReality