Autumnal Partners are currently recruiting on behalf of a boutique investment bank headquartered in London.
The Role is a multi-disciplinary role providing analysis, understanding and problem solving capabilities, on a wide variety of issues and projects, including developing and supporting new initiatives and business cases, management information, and operational processes.
The position sits within their Business Management department (currently 4) reports directly to the Chief Financial & Operating Officer and provides crucial support across strategic and tactical support to the business line managers, investigating feasibility of new initiatives, process improvements, helping to implement new initiatives, changes to BAU processes.
Depending on the business area requirements, the role consists of working with differing departments on a variety of issues; example of these include, but are not limited to:
− Accounting and reporting - e.g. new regulatory requirements;
− Legal and regulatory analysis, advisory and reporting - e.g. client agreement management;
− Management of data for, and development and implementation of management information and key risk / performance indicators
− Support for, and develop of, new business initiatives;
− Taxation (primarily operational tax); and
− the settlement, reporting of a trade or transaction (which could be in UK, North American, Europe, Asian securities).
The Role also involves a high level of exposure to senior management across the Firm, as well as to external clients and counterparties, giving excellent opportunities in career development.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following skill set, capabilities and knowledge:
· Qualified accountants or tax professional, c. 2-5 years PQE.
· Experience with Operational Taxes is a benefit
· Experience working in financial services, either in an in-house or advisory role
· Self-starter, who is comfortable with coordinating ad-hoc and competing requirements and deadlines;
· Comfortable in working in multi-disciplinary, changing, environment;
· Consistent and high quality approach to output produced (presentations, written reports, financial analysis);
· Ability to communicate with all levels within the Firm.