Excellent opportunity for a Full Stack Java Developer with Back end focus-permanent role - to join this growing and developing Fin-Tech company.
Our client is looking for an additional FS Java Developer with Back End focus to join their expanding team. This technical role will be responsible for the design, development and technical review of our SaaS solution used to deliver services to our global corporate clients. In addition to completing technical design and development work, the individual will review the design and development working undertaken by other team members and provide feedback and guidance as required. Candidates must be based in the UK and within a commutable distance to the Surrey/London area, with full Visa/Passport Status to work permanently in te UK.
Responsibilities - Software Design and Development
o Part of in-house development team, working alongside peer group of senior Java developers as required
o Work collaboratively with our offshore development teams, develop code and represent Company`s interests to ensure we get quality deliverables from our outsourced teams
o Undertake the detailed software design and development work for Company`s online products covering a wide range of Trade Finance instruments
o Support the Head of Technical Architecture and Security to agree the appropriate coding design and industry best practice and ensure they are implemented. This will include recommendations to re-factor existing code and/or introduction of new developer frameworks
o Work closely with the respective Product Owners and Business Analysts to help evolve and create new products across the entire Company suite
o Being part of Agile Development project teams, working on one or more projects in parallel
Skills and Experience (E)ssential, (D)esirable
o o Angular (D)
o o Bootstrap (D)
o o Struts (D) o Experience working with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban/Agile (E) and tools such as Jira and Confluence (E) o Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely with both on-shore and off-shore Development Teams (E) o Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure (E) o Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (E) o Fluent English (E),
any other languages a bonus but not essential to role (D) Team player. Comfortable working in a small company environment and "hands-on" in the sense of doing what needs to be done in a small organisation (E) o Awareness of typical security techniques employed by online, web-based service providers (E) o Understanding of Web Application security and encryption techniques (E)
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely with both on-shore and off-shore Development Teams (E)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure (E)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (E)
- Fluent English (E), any other languages a bonus but not essential to role (D)
- • The role reports to Head of Technical Architecture & Security
- • The role is based at Company's head office in Surrey which is easily accessible by car or train. They are flexible on working from home arrangements but expect staff to be in the office 2-3 days a week typically.