Superb career opportunity with a significant multi-site multi-national software group A key role providing the first line of defence for network and computer systems security Location Options:- UK - within 1 hour commute of Newcastle with flexible office/home working optionsTop rated salary and benefits package aimed at attracting a world-class professionalThe Company
This is an excellent career opportunity with a leading and significant specialist software solutions group which is on a steep growth curve and works with large corporate clients, institutions and governments and specialises in anti-piracy and anti-fraud software services. It has a global footprint with operations in the UK, USA and further afield and this role will be as a key player within their IT team. The Role
- Responsible for identifying security vulnerabilities in the systems and servers.
- Build and maintain information security systems, apply security patches across servers and introduce procedures and processes based on industry best practices
- Define requirements, based on the overall information security strategy, and implement capabilities to comply with established standards to help mitigate security risks.
- Provide responses to customer security questionnaires and internal and external auditors regarding information security capabilities and controls.
- Monitor for security incidents and participate in incident response teams to contain, investigate, and prevent future information security incidents.
- Understand current and emerging security threats and design security capabilities to mitigate threats where possible.
- Stay abreast of new security technologies and integrate them into the security architecture design where appropriate.
- Analyse IT projects and roadmaps and identify security dependencies and risks, and design solutions to remediate information security risks.
- Manage all information security capabilities including threat management, vulnerability management and incident management.
- Design, implement and test information security controls in enterprise, cloud, and product environments.
- Manage and execute Pen tests and security vulnerabilities tests across the systems.
- Create and champion information security policies, standards, guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Given the international reach of the company there is lots of flexibility with regard to your location and where you can work from.
- This is a superb career opportunity in a group with a very exciting future which wants to appoint a best in class / world class IT Security Engineer who can make a difference and would enjoy working within a high performing team.
- The salary and benefits package will not be an obstacle for the right person as the bar is set high.
Job reference L10996
- A highly impressive individual with the headroom to grow within this international group is required.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on technical experience designing, implementing, and supporting information security solutions in enterprise and cloud environments.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree is ideal) in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of security principles and technologies in application, infrastructure, network, cloud and endpoint security, the OSI model; TCP/IP stack, Python Net, bash and power shell.
- Experience working with security vendors to evaluate products, analyse security functionality and submit feature requests.
- CISSP or SANS GIAC certification
- Strong self-directed work habits exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance, professionalism and the ability to autonomously manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality to be always exercised.
- Proven track record for delivering results.
- Strong, customer-oriented communication style with the ability to collaborate across a global team environment.
- Advanced analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience with Linux, Windows and Mac OS X operating system
- Expert level understanding of source control tools and CI/CD tools
- Expert level understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform