Department: IT DevelopmentReports to: Head of IT DevelopmentMain Location: Cambridge House, Henry Street, BathAbout Novia
Novia Financial is an award-winning financial technology company based in the heart of Bath, just a 5-minute walk from the train and bus stations. We are entering a period of sustained enhancements to the platform and the surrounding services that we provide, and as a result, we need to increase our development capacity and expand our capabilities.
We're determined to deliver technology that will keep us ahead of the competition and there are opportunities for both experienced IT professionals and those willing to learn on their feet to help us meet that challenge. If you like working in a highly collaborative environment geared towards frequent delivery of high value and quality business solutions, Novia could be your next step.
We are based in the heart of Bath and are just a five-minute walk from the train and bus stations. For more information about us, please visit https://www.novia-financial.co.uk/Our key objectives:
Novia is embarking on a significant period of growth that will result in us having the best wealth management platform in the industry combined with an efficient operation that enables great outcomes for our end-users. To achieve this, we need outstanding individuals to join the team to enable and support the following outcomes:
About the role
- Deliver sustainable value to our customers and colleagues in the possible time with the maximum benefit.
- Create a healthy work environment that supports team members to thrive and develop through continuously learning.
- Optimise cost-to-serve so that we can provide the best value platform in our industry.
- Embed common ways of working across teams and with our key partners to deliver business and technical agility.
- Ensure quality, security and compliance is built into everything we do making inspection redundant.
- Foster and optimise operational excellence in everything we do.
The Automation Tester will work as part of a collaborative agile team comprised of business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), test analysts and developers that sprints at a two-weekly cadence. In this role the successful candidate will redevelop our customer facing products using the latest technologies and will be part of an agile team building a modern scalable and flexible microservices architecture to support the future vision of our company. The role will involve:
- Providing automation testing to the IT Dev test team and supporting TDD and BDD practices and the "shift Left" testing philosophy.
- Adopting Software Development in Test (SDIT) as the target way of working.
- Management of tight timescales and alignment of automation tests on each team so that automated testing reaches the definition of done within each sprint.
- Collaboration with the Product Owner and Scrum Master whilst being a hands-on tester within the team.
- Constantly challenging and evolving, existing practices and processes and sharing with the teams.
You will take pride in delivery, continuous improvement and capability development. This is not a role for a 'next stepper.' Your background will include: Essential:
- Minimum 3 years' experience of Automation Testing using Selenium and C#, along with proven ability to design & implement automated test cases.
- Working knowledge of integration, user acceptance, performance, functional & non-functional system testing.
- Configuration of automation tests to run as part of a continuous integration environment.
- Have experience using Specflow.
- Experience of SDIT.
- Knowledge of working in GIT.
- Experience of working on systems, integration and regression testing for inhouse software development.
- Experienced in working with agile delivery framework (Scrum with 2-week sprints).
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Business-Driven Development (BDD) ideally gained within a components/microservices architecture.
- Experience using Azure DevOps.
- Ideally ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Software Testing.
Working at Novia Financial
- Working in a SAFe environment.
- Experience with NoSQL database (Mongo).
- Experience of Azure Service Bus, nServiceBus.
- Knowledge of non-functional testing e.g. performance testing (JMeter).
Some of the benefits of working at Novia Financial:
What's it like to work at Novia?
- Competitive salary.
- Discretionary bonus each year.
- Working from home options available.
- Flexible working hours available.
- 25 days holiday per calendar year plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase or sell up to 5 additional days per year.
- Tech Scheme (buy discounted electrical products and pay back monthly via Company payroll).
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Supported and encouraged professional development.
- Hack days.
- Attend conferences and meet-up events.
- Regular social events.
- Flexible dress code in the office.
- Private Medical scheme.
- Income protection scheme.
- Group contributory pension scheme.
- Internal mentoring scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
- Interest free season ticket loans for travel costs.
- Various corporate gym membership rates.
- Novia Foundation Day in support of charitable activities.
Novia has a culture based on transparency, trust, collaboration, achievement and fun. We appreciate one and other and are outcome oriented. We want to help you achieve, within a team environment, grow your career and set you up for success - while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance. We are selective on who we employee making sure that candidates have the values and behaviours required to become a 'Novian.'
Working at Novia is a bit like climbing a mountain. We all know which way is up, make sure if someone slips the rope is secure and they don't fall, and we all reach the summit together and celebrate not only our achievement but how we got there.
If you think you have the makings of a Novian then email an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short note to capture our attention.